Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, May 4, 2009

A Not Me Monday Post I've Been Saving Up For Awhile!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

O.K...I've never actually done a real Not Me! Monday post...but I've been saving this one up for a long time. And, in celebration of Stellan's wonderful recent reunion with his sweet MckFamily, I thought I'd join the party. WARNING: After reading this, your opinion of me may be forever changed. But, humility is always a good thing...and laughter is a close second! So, here goes...

This winter, I was NOT with my teenage son running errands, while driving my husband's truck. I am NOT uncomfortable driving his truck. I feel completely confident and at ease. Especially when it begins to snow large snowflakes, and the traffic increases. I really LOVE that...I do NOT get incredibly stressed in that situation.

We did NOT go through the drive-through at McDonald's. And, we did NOT notice when we arrived at the Wal-Mart parking lot that my son's french fries were missing from his order. I did NOT tell him to "Just deal without the fries because I didn't want to drive through the snow and ridiculous traffic." No...I love to drive my husband's truck, through the snow, and the heavy traffic. Love it.

I did NOT give in because he thought he was starving and couldn't live without his fries. I also did NOT grumble with him about it. He did NOT begin arguing with me in the process...and I certainly wasn't sucked into arguing with my teenage son. That never happens.

I did NOT pull into the drive-thru lane in a huff and pull up to the window asking politely (I really was polite...no need for rudeness!) for our missing fries. The person at the window did NOT look a little perplexed and frightened.

He did NOT ask, "When did you come through the drive-thru, ma'am?" (Perhaps it should of occurred to me that this wasn't the person who originally took my order. It really did not! No...really.)

He did NOT continue to look confused as he asked me to pull ahead. I did NOT continue the argument with my son as we waited. When the gentleman came to my window with our fries, he looked in my car and did NOT say, "Ma'am, you have a McDonald's bag in your car."

"Yes", I did NOT reply.

He did NOT hold up the bag containing our fries, and say...

"Ma'am, this is Wendy's."

I did NOT apologize profusely and then begin to laugh so hard I cried. My son did NOT shake his head and roll his eyes. And the Wendy's worker did NOT fail to see the humor in the situation. He did NOT just give me a curt nod and walk away. We did NOT proceed to McDonald's to retrieve our missing fries, while still laughing hysterically, and wondering at my level of competence. I did NOT wonder for days afterward if I should even leave my house...because of my ridiculous tendency to be easily distracted! Not me...no way!

14 comments:

C.C. and Double T said...

Oh my goodness, HYSTERICAL!!! ROTFL! :-) You saved a really good one for your first Not Me! post!

Holly said...

That's just....priceless. lol

The Davis Family said...

How funny! At least you an laugh at yourself. It's a good way to create memorable moments with your teenager. :o)

Kristin said...

That is hilarious!!!! I am dying laughing right now! I guarantee you that will be a memory that will be told year after year after year and I bet you'll laugh every time too! Ha!!

Tricia said...

That is too funny! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Blessings!

Holly said...

Ok, my first thought was "Well, at least you are arguing with your teenager instead of a 3 yr old" That does NOT happen in my house...Nope...NEVER! :::sigh::: But it was too funny! Thanks for the comment!

Spud said...

I did NOT laugh again at that story!! I had NOT heard about it from Chris when it first happened. At least you see the humor in the situation. I NEVER do anything like that myself...

Mary

Stellan Bracelets said...

**howling** That was priceless!! Right up there with MckMama's two "confessions" from today.

I love laughter... thanks for providing it today!

The Dortenzos said...

awesome!! thanks for sharing that! you inspired me to finish my first NOT ME MONDAY which I had been working on earlier and had quit--its fun to do and really does humble us all!!! :) thank you for sharing laughter!

Linda said...

Ok that was funny. I can see that happening to me now that Kirk's gone. Today was my first day back to work since he left. I'm just glad I remembered everything. Ok well not everything Elijah did forget his snack but I went back home and retrieved him one. When I went back into the daycare center to give it to him. Mason's classroom was moving for the drop off room to their room. Yea that went over well. My lil' one year running to me like that was quick thank god your here - but oh no Mom had to leave again...

If that were me at McDonald's I would have just asked you if you wanted some fries and would have ran in and got you some! I probably would have brought out a shake and when I would go to hand it to ya I would have said and here's a frosty to make your day!

Anonymous said...

Oh deary me that was hysterical!! Now I only WISH I was still wearing Stellan's diaper!!!

Celia said...

I have only recently started reading your blog but have missed quite a few days. This one had me laughing - out loud! I haven't felt like doing that in days! So thanks for that! Not to mention that I saw myself doing those same things and then wondering about my sanity as a result!

4ugodmom said...

Sounds just like what I would do. I can really relate to that kind of thing. Funny!

Rosie @ Home and Heartwork

Jennifer Ross said...

That's hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!