Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, May 18, 2009

Aye, Aye, Aye...a Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Aye, Aye, Aye! That's all I can say about the sad events that have NOT transpired on the golf course the past couple weeks. On Mother's Day, I did NOT skip unto the golf course with my pink golf bag and matching pink accessories with high hopes for some good golf and quality family time.

I did NOT proceed to play as if I've never touched a golf club before, instead of playing like someone who has attended the Women's Golf Clinic three years in a row and who golfs weekly...in a couples league. No way...that was NOT me.

I did NOT continue to play horrendously and want to shout and say words I don't normally say! I did NOT proceed to get increasingly irritable as my ball would sadly roll just a few feet in front of me with each wholehearted swing attempt. When I totalled the score card at the end of the round, it was not determined to be quite arguably the worst game in the history of my extensive (read: pathetic) golf career. Furthermore, my eight year old son did NOT legitimately and quite heartily beat me...on Mother's Day...dashing my high hopes for a good day of golf. The Tims did NOT thoroughly enjoy the display!

And...this weekend, I did NOT have a repeat performance of the aforementioned worst golf day ever...during couples league...at our home course...where other human beings could witness my demise. Of course...that's impossible. There is no way to golf this hopelessly bad two weeks in a row. I did NOT golf worse than when I began the game. It was NOT like playing crochet or ping pong (if you count the balls ricocheting off the trees when they did make it in the air...and coming right back at me!) I did NOT state rather definitively more than once that I hate golf and will never play again. I did NOT almost break the cardinal rule of golf..."There's no crying on the golf course" more than once. Tim did NOT proclaim that I almost really was playing crochet when the ball almost went through two sign posts on a tiny sign. The ball did not instead ricochet off the sign and fly to the right on the side of a hill. I did NOT laugh hysterically at Tim's proclamation...so hard I could barely swing the club. The scenery was NOT so beautiful that it took my breath away...and I did NOT thoroughly enjoy the time with my Tim, despite the stench of my golf game.

I did NOT seriously consider naming this post, "Why I Hate Golf". (Remember the post when I pledged my undying love to this wretched sport?) And I most certainly did NOT beg my husband to call and get me a lesson with Tony at the Golf Shop before I set foot on the course again. No way...I would never.

You will NOT find me in the yard trying desperately to correct the problem when I should be doing the laundry. I will NOT be the one with the bandaid on my ring finger covering the spot where the skin ripped off yesterday from swinging the club too many times. After all, it's only a game. I wouldn't let something so minor get to me! No way...NOT ME!

Have a great NOT ME! MONDAY, all...thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Aw, sorry you had a bad weekend with golfing!! Maybe it was just a fluke. ;)

vera said...

Ha ha! I "played" golf once in my life... my baby brother made me promise never to touch a golf club again.

Tammy On the Go said...

I am in awe over this book, it arrived today. I will be doing a fundraiser for your ministry with 31 gifts next month. Hope to send you enough to cover 2 or 3 of these beautiful books!

Jennifer Ross said...

Maybe next time you should golf in some pink high heals.... show the golf course who's in charge:} LOL

Faye said...

stopped by for a visit.I really enjoyed your blog! I will be back.Blessings,gaye

Linda said...

This is exactly why I don't understand why so many people love golf,...when it is so frustrating??? (Smile)

My husband has days like you did NOT have. Ha!

I always feel the frustration just oozing from him. And then I'll say something like,..."are we having fun yet?" Ha!

But then on the good days he enjoys it so much. So, I guess it balances out????

This was too cute. I am glad you have a sense of humor.

Blessings!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits