Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thank You

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you... ~ Phil. 1:3

Thank you will never be enough...there are no words to express our gratefulness for the generosity of MckMama. With the mighty wolverines (yes, as an Ohio state Buckeye it does pain me to type those words...but I love MckMama that much!) spurring her and each other on, sweet MckMama will be donating a grand total of $2294 to Sufficient Grace Ministries! Yes, two thousand, two hundred and ninety-four people took the time to comment yesterday in answer to MckMama's call. Amazing grace, Amazing God, Amazing willing hearts...

Yesterday morning as I was getting ready to pick Timothy up from his golf tournament and trying to catch up on the blog and ministry email, I found MckMama's email in my inbox telling me to check out her blog...and also reminding me that what I was about to find was not about her, or me...but about Him! About the amazing, mighty, awesome God we serve. She felt led by the Lord to step (LEAP) out in faith...and in the process to bless my ever-loving socks off! And not just mine...but everyone who graced her blog, or mine, or the other blogs that were writing about this incredible act of generosity and faith yesterday. And not just all of those...but everyone they shared with by word of mouth. And not even just those...but every family who will receive comfort and hope as the result of her willing, generous, obedient to follow God's call, heart.

I very rapidly called my brother who works on our website, which was under construction at the time... and said that the people would be coming. There would be no time to perfect things. MckMama had spoken (at the Lord's leading) and wolverines would be coming our way...in droves. My brother is a Michigan Wolverine fan by the way!=(

Any-hoo, there was little time, and some glitches, but he and his wife got the site running and put up what they could. I frantically posted bits of information about our ministry so that it would be readily available for those stopping by...and emailed everyone I could think of.

Then, I had to leave to get Timothy, run errands, prepare for Saturday Worship, and attend Saturday evening worship. Following the service, we had to go to a graduation party. So, believe it or not, I wasn't near my computer all day! People would call me and give me updates. Friends sat mesmerized by the ever-increasing comments. My counter disappeared for several hours! And I just floated through my day in complete and utter awe.

At 10:00p.m., I was finally able to get to my computer and settle in for a long night of watching the Lord work through His people. As I read through some of the comments, I was touched by so many who have lost a baby or child or who knew someone close to them that had a loss. I cried as I read some of your stories...and plan to try and visit many of you. I prayed for many last night as well. I was touched by friends (and strangers!) who visited and left a comment. Friends who sat by their computer. Friends who commented over and over again...and stayed up until the very end to see this through. I laughed at many of you as the late night sillies took over (and you know who you are. I'm not mentioning any names, Toni and DawnM. And someone I don't know, named heather, who thoroughly cracked me up with her shout out to her idol, DawnM!). I love you guys.

In the midst of all of this, there still lies a mother's heart. And...one of the things that touched me the most, was the amount of people who now knew the names of Faith, Grace, and Thomas. Some of you even referred to them by name, adding blessing upon blessing. When MckMama spoke of her desire to have people know Stellan's name, that he was here, that he mattered...I understood. Every mother who has been told that her baby will surely die, understood. Every mother understood. Even twelve years later, it means so much to me to hear/read their names. They were here, they have value, they matter. Not that it's just about our babies...the purpose of our ministry is to reach out in God's love, offering comfort and hope for those who grieve. But, we are blessed that God has used the precious lives of Faith, Grace, and Thomas to be part of that plan.

I have called you by your name;
You are Mine. ~Isaiah 43:1b


When I first heard from MckMama several weeks ago, I was just so blessed that she even knew my name! =) I certainly never expected this...that she would do something so amazing...WOW! It is humbling beyond words. And, it has led me to thinking about how much it matters to us to be known...to be acknowledged, to know that we have value. No, it's not about us being known in a famous, look-at-me way. It is about our God, seeing His hand work in the lives of others...and He gets the glory. But, you know what...just like my mommy-heart is blessed to hear that others know the names of my children, our heavenly Father lets our names be known. He knows our name. He sees little tiny us. And in Him, we are valued, dearly loved, and our lives matter. Our lives matter to Him. Every tear we cry, every hair on our head, every desire of our hearts. He sees, He knows, He cares.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to MckMama (and Prince Charming, too!)...and to everyone who took part in this huge blessing. There will still be many ways you can help Sufficient Grace Ministries if you are interested, so stay tuned. Also, if you have had a loss and we can be of any help to you, please do not hesitate to email us: sufficientgraceministries@gmail.com. We would be glad to send you whatever we have to give...including a Dreams of You Memory Book. We would be honored to walk with you in whatever way we are able...and most of all to pray for you.

11 comments:

Joyeful said...

God is going before you! Isn't He wonderful, Isn't He good!

Love you,
Joye

Holly said...

I can't tell you how extremely happy I am! It is surely amazing the response that came and it is a blessing! God is so good!

Spud said...

There are times in your life that you know that you are actually getting to see God working, and yesterday was one of them. I was totally in awe as I saw the comments adding up at MckMama's and the hits piling up at Sufficient Grace. I knew that even though I was sitting at my keyboard, I was in the presence of the Lord. It was an honor to use the talents that He gave me to help you.

Love,
Mary

mom24boys said...

You are amazing, and the timing of MckMama's post had to be God's doing. As I wrote in my comment to MckMama's post, my dear friend's niece, Abigail, passed Thursday night, hours shy of her one month birthday. What I did not mention is that I have another friend, we were pregnant at the same time last year, who lost her second baby in 2 consecutive years. Kaden passed this very week last year, just 3 days after his birth, and his older sister, Angelina, preceded him the previous July. I have been struggling with these losses for the last 2 years. They are simply beyond my comprehension. But not God's. I have watched him work through each of these short lives, and have been struggling to hear my own calling in helping families who survive such a loss. I am in awe of you. God bless you, and God bless your ministry. I have added your button to my blog alongside these three sweet angels' names. It does help every time I see their names in print. May they play and dance with Faith, Thomas, and Grace.

The Dortenzos said...

I am so psyched for you Kelly although I was a little shocked--since my husband and are are Nittany Lions and seeing the words BUCKEYE in your post was not a good thing :), you know we Nittany Lions despise Ohio State--haha! Just kidding, but I pray that God is able to do incredible things with all the funds headed your way! I know He has great plans already in store!

Cathy said...

Thank you for sharing your ministry and for the work you do. I wish beyond words that you had not lost your precious babies, but I know God will continue to use you as you honor their memories. I'm excited to see the total! Continue to "work as unto the Lord".

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

That's so great, Kelly!!! I am so blessed to see how God is always in all the details.

Love and xoxo, Veronica in CA

Unknown said...

I'm in awe over how God worked! That is just amazing!

MckMama is quite a lady and I'm thankful for her.

Praising God with you friend. I wish I would have been around to participate, but with my weekend, I didn't have any time at all - and I was exhausted!

Truly wonderful news!
Love you.
Lynnette
PS MckMama got an email from me telling her how much I appreciate her helping you out. I told her how much I admire you. :)

Chris said...

In all fairness, it wasn't a Wolverine (me) that did most of the work, it was a Sooner fan in Spud. I have to give credit where credit is due. She is much better at this stuff than I am, she has abilities well beyond anything I will ever dream of having. So all the web stuff goes to her.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Whew! That is only slightly better than a wolverine, but since she left such a sweet comment on MckMama's blog and one on mine too, we will forgive her! And, since she has mad techy skills! =)

Michelle Yoder said...

Kelly,
Thanks so much for the encouraging words you left on my post from a few days ago. We do share a bond and a joy to know that our sons are rejoicing in God's glory.
When I read about your ministry on MckMama's blog I clicked over and read your story. Then I cried. We were walking very similar paths eleven years ago.
Your ministry to those who are walking the path of loss is amazing.
Michelle