Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, June 8, 2009

A Not Me! Monday - Lest Anyone Have the Illusion That I Have it All Together...



In the glorious spirit of Not Me Monday, I bring you this post that will hopefully make every mom out there struggling to keep it all together feel just a little less alone!

On the last week of school, my brain did NOT shut down and turn to jello when overwhelmed with the vast amounts of activities, field trips, end-of-the-year celebrations, teacher thank-yous, etc. One rainy morning, we were NOT frantically running around to get to school/work. We are NEVER frantic, always peace filled and organized. James and I were NOT having a heated discussion about his math homework, because that would absolutely NOT EVER happen. I am ALWAYS patient, calm, cool and collected.

So, it was NOT raining and James' shoes DID NOT have dirt chunks on them from the night before when he was playing outside at bible study. I was NOT running around trying to remember everything we need and get us out the door on time, while still discussing the math paper, when I grabbed the shoes to take them outside and clump off the dirt. I did NOT sit them on the freezer so that I could run back in for something that we forgot. James did NOT get into the car through our attached garage. I did not then pull out of the driveway, while still discussing said math paper. We did NOT pull into the parking lot at the school (where I also work as a one-on-one with a special needs student) with seconds to spare before my student arrived.

When I said, "Hurry up..we have to get in the building!" While I stood in the rain in the wet parking lot...Oh, no...He did not look at me and say, "Mom, what about my shoes?"

I did NOT exclaim, "What do you mean, what about my shoes?! Why wouldn't you tell me that you don't have your shoes?!!!!"

It all came back to me, and I remembered the shoes sitting on the freezer. I did NOT feel panic rising as I saw the buses coming...the bus which carried the student I work with. I had to get him off the bus. I did NOT look at my son and tell him that he would have to walk into the school in his socks...through the wet parking lot.

When we arrived at school, I did NOT then have to explain to our classroom teacher that I would have to go home after I got my student off the bus and get my son his shoes! When I returned with the shoes, James' (actually very sweet and always encouraging - really) teacher did NOT proclaim that "Never in her 33 years of teaching has a student ever come to school without shoes!" I did NOT hang my head and say that I was so glad we could be the first!

For those out there wondering if this story traumatized my son...he wasn't without his shoes for long. I actually did run home and get them as soon as my student was off the bus, and I did bring him dry socks, too! Also, God in His infinite wisdom has blessed my sweet James with one of those personalities that takes things like this in stride. He is very good at making light of things and laughing it off. He is also very well-liked by his peers...so to them this was just another funny thing James did! Boy, oh boy was it a memory!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORE WAYS TO HELP SUFFICIENT GRACE

Just wanted to let everyone know that my blog-friend, Holly, is having an awesome Raffle/Fundraiser over at her blog, Caring for Carleigh. For $2, you can be entered into the raffle for a beautiful opal necklace. You can enter as many times as you want through the chip-in widget on her blog. All proceeds will be donated to Sufficient Grace Ministries. Please help us spread the word about this fun way that you can get involved. Every little bit adds up! So click on over there and enter Holly's raffle for Sufficient Grace. Raffle ends June 22nd. Thanks so much Holly...you are such a beautiful, sweet mama with a beautiful amazing heart...and a dear encouraging friend.

And...don't forget about the Thirty One Fundraiser/Giveaway that Tammy is having. Click here to read more about it, and don't forget to leave a comment to be entered into our Thirty One Giveaway to win an adorable bow purse from Thirty One. Contest ends June 25th.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks Kelly for posting about the raffle! I hope there is a good response to it. :)

Your NOT me Mon post was just too funny. lol I'm glad James is so light-hearted and takes everything in stride. I'm sure that's something you guys will always be able to look back on and have a good laugh.

Spud said...

That is hilarious. I'm glad our house isn't the only place that things like that happen. Emily would totally let me drive her to school before asking "What about my shoes?"

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Is it ok that I am laughing my head off right now?!! What a great way to start my Monday. Praising God for James' sweet nature and ability to laugh at himself. This was so funny!

Much love, Veronica in CA

Jennifer Ross said...

One day at my kids school, they were supposed to be dressed in chapel clothes, and I forgot. One of my kids showed up in a Spider-Man shirt. That was very embarrassing!

Joyeful said...

Oh my goodness!!! You are awesome for sharing that!! I'm almost positive that WILL happen to me! Lol!

And I'll be heading over to Holly's right away!

Snarky Belle said...

Thank you for this...just thank you!

:)

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

Thanks so much for visiting our blog today! I really enjoy meeting other bloggers. I read the story of your beautiful babies tonight. Your faith through adversity brought tears to my eyes and reminded me that with God all things are possible ~ even praising him through the storms. I'm sure your work brings meaning and peace to so many others who are suffering the loss of a child.

We would love for you to enter our giveaway for a $20 gift certificate for a vinyl decal from Janey Mac.

Thanks again & God bless!
Allyson
A Heart for Home

Jennifer said...

Oh goodness...you totally had me laughing there! So glad to know none of us "have it all together"!