Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Walking in Love...Walking Together

Welcome to this week's Tuesdays Together in the Word. To join us, please click on the button below:


For the past several weeks, I have been abundantly blessed by the beauty of the body of Christ serving together, lifting one another up in prayer, giving of their abilities to further God's kingdom, to reach out in love and support to those who are hurting. As I read your stories...the stories of courageous mothers and families who have said good-bye to their precious babies. Beautiful, loved, wanted babies. My heart has broken for each of you. For each of you, I have prayed, and even some, my children have prayed for. Beautiful blog friends have reached out in love and support. We have continued to reach out through the ministry God has given us. And...I have had it on my heart to do more. So taken with your journeys...your stories, there has been a tugging at my heart to walk with you a little more.

Having said all of this, my heart is so broken over some recent happenings in the blog world...some ugliness that I cannot even imagine. I want to be free to reach out in the love of Jesus to those who are hurting. To show love to those in need. That is what we are called to do. As I have shared...I have seen this done beautifully, recently. But, I have also recoiled in the face of some of the ugliness out there. And, part of me wants to pull back...to not put myself out there. To walk away instead of walking with others even more closely. Part of me wants to put up walls of protection against those who are not honest...those who would deceive or take advantage...and those who would lash out in hate.

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. ~ Ephesians 4:1-3

How I long that we would bear with one another in love...how I long for that unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace...

What does it look like to "walk worthy of His calling"?

...you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; who, being past feeling, have giving themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. ~ Ephesians 4:17-19

...that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head - Christ- from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does it's share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. ~ Ephesians 4:14-16

Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. ~ Ephesians 5:1-2

So...in the spirit of walking in love, I'm stepping out, despite the part of me that wants to hunker down and shelter in. For all of those who are grieving or hurting and feeling alone on your journey...I would like to walk with you...to offer a little hope and encouragement. And, while it is hard to visit everyone at varying times, I have been thinking of a way to encourage one another as we gather in one spot.

Although I never attended a support group, I have been considering hosting something on this blog that would be a way to support those who are grieving. I want to offer a place that lifts up, a place that points toward hope. It would be biblically-based, of course. Maybe like a bible study with the purpose of offering comfort for those who grieve? I'm still praying about the details...but thinking I would maybe put up a post with scripture, a message, and some interactive questions, and put up Mister Linky for others to post on the same subject. You could post in the comments if you don't have a blog. It may be helpful even for those who don't wish to publicly participate, but can take comfort in reading along with us that they are not alone on this journey. Even if you are not in the days of new grief, you could offer your wisdom and support on the subject. I would love if some of my blog friends who have been carried through their grief by our loving God, experiencing the beauty from the ashes would join us as well, sharing their wisdom. So, we could come together from varying places in our journey and support one another.

Thinking of maybe doing this on the 15th of each month? But, I'd love to hear your input...or to hear if anyone is interested in Walking Together. For those of you who have allowed me, it has been a great privilege to walk with you. And, I pray that we may continue to walk together, to build up and encourage one another in love.

11 comments:

Holly said...

I have seen ugliness in this blogging world firsthand and through my friends but I also now that there is abundant love and support from so many wonderful people. I will not let a few "bad apples" spoil what is truly good. I will pray for those "bad apples" and ask God to soften their hearts.

I am very interested in participating with you! Did you see that one coming? lol ;)

Snarky Belle said...

Dear sweet Kelly, your courage and strength are inspiring. We know, all to well, that there is opposition in all things. But if we stand together, then walk together in God's light, we will not be "tossed to and fro".

Like you, there have been times I want to put up walls, a fortress even. But, I can't...just like you can't...because we are not "past feeling". Our hearts must remain soft in order for us to be the women God knows we are. And you are doing His work, you are touching lives. I will stand and walk with you, as you walk with God, any day.

Love and peace to you.

The Dortenzos said...

It made my heart ache this week as I saw the body of Christ rallying to support those who grieve and are burdened and then to to be faced with Satan's ploy--lies to try to tear down! However, I believe that God is victorious and Him having laid this support idea upon your heart is evident of that!! I will follow along and see how things are going! I would love to join in :)!!! Thanks for following God's lead in this way!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful idea...I certainly would be interested in joining you. Surely that is what the body of Christ is intended to do. God allows us to go through certain fires so that we are enabled to help others along the way.....what a privilege if my experience could be a blessing to someone else.

DeeDee said...

thank you Kelly for the post... and for the love, encouragement and support that you have shared with our family. You are a blessing to many

Unknown said...

It's such a joy to see God using you and putting so much on your heart. I hope you do start the blog support group. I, like you, never went to support groups - I'm not quite that type I guess, but the internet does make it easy to reach out and also to get help.

Keep it up Kelly. I'll be praying for you.
Love,
Lynnette

vera said...

I love your idea! And I love you... thank you for this beautiful post, you are so inspiring and such a great teacher!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Kelley,

Once again God uses you to be an inspiration, an encouragement, and a godly example of faithful servant. Keep on keeping on, even when others try to bring you down, because it is Jesus we serve, not man.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Karen said...

Kelly,
I love your idea! I so appreciate what you have to share. I would love to participate.

Blessings,
Karen

Jennifer Ross said...

I'm all yours:) I choose daily to live not only a life that will bring glory to God, but a life that has become better because of the loss of my little boy. Anything that I can do to help others, is a little piece of Isaiah that lived. It's from his loss, that has made me a more loving person, reaching out to the hurting. I truly DO NOT know where I would be without you and all of the other women who have walked with me these past months. I was so broken.... now I'm being put back together, into a new and better person. I thank God for the women who "know" what I go through and how my life was turned upside down. My family and friends will never "know" the degree to which I have been left heartbroken.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Thanks for this post. I am always blessed by your writings.

You are a gift to the blog world.

Teresa