Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Birthday Girls

Thirteen years ago today, on the first snowfall of the year, two precious souls made their brief appearance on this earth. Two little girls, my only daughters, filled my arms for but a moment on that snowy November afternoon. Sometimes I think about what it might be like if they were here. I would have three teenagers filling our little house. Oh my! There would be a plethora of accessories the likes of which I have never known as the mama of boys. We would definitely not survive with only one bathroom as we do now!

There would be dances and dresses, giggling and soul-searching heart-to-hearts. As the mother of teenagers, I know it wouldn't always be smooth-sailing, and we would have so much to pray for protection from in this world of ours. But, on certain days, I notice what's missing in this land of boy world in which I live, this land that I dearly love.

I may look like a boy mama through and through. I may not know how to do little-girl hair. I may shout at football games and know whether a player sliding into home is safe or out during the baseball game. I may even express strong opinions about it if my son is playing. I may know how to get grass stains out of a white uniform way better than I could fasten a hair pretty or dress a Barbie. My purse may be filled with golf balls, tees, hot wheels cars and transformers. You may not see any evidence when you look at me, but I am still the mother of daughters. They just weren't here long enough for me to learn how to do all of those girly things.

But...

They are waiting for me. And, we will have all of eternity for hair pretties and tea parties...soul-searching heart-to-hearts and deep belly giggles. We will do it all in a place where daddy will not have to worry about protecting his baby girls from harm, and I won't have to stay awake at night praying that they will always walk with the Lord. They have walked with the Lord from the first moment of their lives. The have literally walked with Him on streets of gold. They walk with Him, even now...as I wait and dream my dreams of their long, brown wavy hair filled with pink ribbons. (I'm sure ribbons stay perfectly in heaven, and perhaps I will even have the expertise to fasten them just right...or maybe someone with the gift of "hair pretties" can help us out! Even better, hopefully we will have no need of hair pretties in heaven! =)

I recorded a little song (not sure the title or author of this song...just one that I've heard for years, and speaks of the longing for heaven - the longing to sit before His throne). I wanted to share it on Faith's and Grace's birthday, but the sound quality is, of course, below par (since it's just on my little digital camera). Someday, we will get the recording studio built and I will be able to share better quality recordings, but for now...this was on my heart. It isn't meant to show any singing expertise (obviously)...just a mama singing to her baby girls and a daughter singing to her Father.



I miss you, sweet girls. I love you and wish you a happy, happy heavenly birthday.

17 comments:

Tonya said...

Happy Heavenly Birthday Faith and Grace!

Sweet Kelly,
I needed this post tonight. I'm coming up on Grady's one year heavenly birthday and it is so hard. I feel the exact same about boys as you feel about girls. I have girls, but Grady was my boy... I don't know how to play boy-stuff and what's cool for boys and what's not. Praying for you as you sweetly remember your baby girls...remembering them with you.

Love and blessings,
Tonya

Anonymous said...

Happy Heavenly Birthday to your sweet Faith and Grace!

Hugs and prayers for you, Kelly. <3

Caroline said...

Happy Heavenly Birthday Faith and Grace.
Wonderful post.
Prayers and {{{HUGS}}}
Caroline

Holly said...

Happy 13 years in Heaven Faith & Grace!!

I loved you singing to your girls. I liked reading about hair pretties and heaven and all the things you'll get to do with them in Heaven.

Sending you warm (((hugs))) and lots of ♥

April said...

Happy Heavenly birthday to your sweet baby girls. May you always remember the weight of their bodies has they filled your longing arms.

hugs

Once A Mother said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Faith and Grace. Sending your prayers and you celebrate all the wonderful ways they have changed your life, and mourn those ways that you have missed without them here, but will do with them in Heaven.

Tammy On the Go said...

Oh Friend....my heart is with you today

Cecilia said...

Happy Birthday in Heaven Faith and Grace! What a beautiful way to honor their memory. Praying for you today!

Jennifer Ross said...

Remembering your sweet girls today...

Happy Birthday Faith and Grace!

Your voice is so beautiful Kelly.

Love,
Jenny

Christmas with Kasey said...

Beautiful! Happy Birthday Faith and Grace! ((hugs))

The Writer Chic said...

Happy birthday, Faith and Grace. Praying for you tonight, Kelly. This was a beautiful post.

Anchored By Hope said...

This was beautiful Kelly. It touched my heart. God's blessings to you.

Michal Ann said...

Precious! I read on Stacy's blog that the first one you read was Angie's. Same with me. Now you're such a blessing to so many!Thank you for your sharing your love and thoughts about your dear daughters.

Jen said...

happy birthday to your sweet girls! what a sweet post..prayers and hugs~

La Familia Garcia said...

What a beautiful post to your daughters! The memory you have of them, the "what if's" and the "could be's"....but most importantly the beautiful picture of eternity and what we have to look forward to...for then it shall be revealed in full, even as we are fully known.

Jess said...

This is such a beautiful post, Kelly. You are indeed a wonderful, loving Mommy to two precious girls along with your boys. I too can't wait until heaven, to be in the presence of God, and to finally get to be with my precious daughter. How different your household would be with them here, but how beautiful the songs in heaven must be, with their sweet voices singing praise to Jesus. Beautiful voices just like their Mommy.

Kristin said...

What a beautiful post, Kelly! If hair pretties are needed in Heaven, I would be honored to help your sweet girls with theirs. Your posts are always so touching to me Kelly....I could feel the love in your words and hear it in your song. Absolutely beautiful.