Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, March 16, 2009

Struggling a Little...

I hesitate to even write this, but I covet your prayers. We have some unspoken family concerns that need prayer. We are praying for strength and wisdom...and the Lord's healing touch on this situation. Believe it or not, I am very private and protective about my family. At least that would be my inclination, if the Lord wasn't constantly calling me out of my comfort zone to share our journey in hopes that others could find comfort. (Please don't hear that wrong. I gladly lay down my desire for security and privacy to obey His call. It is a privilege to serve Him...and it blesses my life more than if I would hide in my comfort zone!)

This evening, I am going to speak to a women's church group about Sufficient Grace Ministries. This morning, I have a raging sinus infection, a heavy heart, and a distracted mind. Please pray for our family as we take another step into an unknown place. And, please pray for me as I prepare to speak...for my health, for focus, that the Holy Spirit would lead and give the words, that His sufficient grace would be poured over me. And that the ladies at the event would find hope, comfort, and blessing in their time this evening. When this task is complete, please pray that I could focus with all my mommy-heart on my family and their increasing needs right now.

As, we face the next thing, I know our God is big enough to handle what comes. I think of what Angie Smith said, when she first heard that her Audrey Caroline had a fatal condition. She said, "My Jesus is the same...". We take comfort in knowing that our Jesus is the same...yesterday, today, and for always. Our circumstances may change...but His promises, His strength, His grace, His mercy, and His love will always remain the same. We are secure in our steadfast God. The same God who parted the Red Sea holds us in His arms today. He is just as able, just as mighty, and just as willing to care for us and meet our needs as He was then.

It is hard to share my weakness this morning...and my need for your prayers. I like to present a picture that I have it all together. Those that know me well...know otherwise! I think, "I'm trusting my Lord and He is able, so I can handle whatever it is". I'd rather share with you our journeys after we've walked through the valley and look back to see God's hand and His sufficient grace carrying us. After He has already restored us. It's another thing entirely to come asking for prayer while still in pieces, feeling broken and weak. But here I am...please pray.

18 comments:

Julie said...

Praying for your family now.

Christy said...

You have my prayers!
Christy

http://safe-haven-blog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Kelly, I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you this morning.
Love,
Lynnette

Spud said...

You're certainly in my prayers.

Mary

C.C. and Double T said...

Praying for you right now.

Stacy D said...

Kelly,

I am certainly praying for you. I appreciate your honesty and suthenticity so much.

Stacy

La Familia Garcia said...

It's great that you are reflecting on God's goodness in the midst of this trail. There is great power to sharing your testimoney, but greater power to be a living testmioney; when people can see your struggles and see you falling in the arms of our Lord.
I remember when my aunt came to live with us after my mom witnessed to her for years. My mom was worried she'd see the "real" us. And she did. She saw how we had to depend on the Lord daily.

May you rest in him.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

Natalie said...

Praying for you ;D

Tammy On the Go said...

Oh Kelly, I am standing with you. I know whom I am believed and am persuaded that he is able, to keep that whick I've committed, unto him, against that day...

Tricia said...

Kelly
I am praying for you... thank you for being transparent and sharing your need for prayer so that we can take you before His throne. As you have said He is able and His grace is sufficient, and He is faithful...

I pray for His peace, comfort, and grace to abound to you and your family, and I pray that He would strengthen your body to enable you to be His vessel tonight as you speak to the ladies, and I pray that not only would they be ministered to by the Lord, but that you also would be ministered to in ways that just knock your socks off!

Praying...

The Dortenzos said...

I have always thought that showing your "weaknesses" was showing more of your relationship with Christ and how you are humbled by His grace and mercy! When we are in that spot--Christ is glorified and you have done that today--by sharing your struggles and yet sharing how God is the same and that He always provides and never leaves--you have been a light for Him and for that the rest of us are grateful :)!!! Thanks for sharing a part of yourself! Praying for you!

Jennifer Ross said...

~Prayed for you and your family~

Continue in your strong faith!

Jenny

Megan said...

hi kelly....i will pray. your transparency is a breathe of fresh air!

your engagement will be amazing!

~megan

Snarky Belle said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
(((hugs)))

June said...

It has always been when I felt the weekest and uncertain was when Jesus always has shown himself strong, ans sufficient.


I have my new computer so I will be able to share now. This is my first post.

June

DeeDee said...

I have just read this... so I am praying this evening...

Psalms 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"

Sweet Blessings...
DeeDee

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Kelly,

Sister, I will pray right now! Just know that the more broken pieces we have, the more we can share about the brokenness that occurred and how Jesus carried us through it. I have had much brokenness occur since my children became teenagers and God is using that brokenness as a big part of my testimony.

Jesus, be with our Sister tonight and as she seeks your wisdom with her family. YOU know her heart and that is all that matters. In Jesus precious name, Amen.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Linda said...

When two or more are gathered the Lord hears our prayers. There is nothing wrong with that sista'! :) I am lifting you up now.