Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Joy Comes in the Morning

For more information about Tuesdays Together in The Word or to join us on the journey, please visit DeeDee's blog.



One promise spoke to my heart in the dark of night. One answer to my heart's cry.
Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5b Years ago, while in the midst of asking "How long..." I held on to these words...to this beautiful promise. I would weep. And my night would last awhile. I wondered how long it would be until morning would come to our house to stay. Morning did come and brought with it the gift of joy. And the next time night brings the weeping, we will hold on to the same promise...knowing that joy will come in the morning because our God is faithful.

He is the One who turns our mourning into dancing...

You have turned my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever. ~ Psalm 30:11-12

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Often, my own limitations distract me from the confidence we have in the Lord. Juggling family roles, work, the ministry...I sometimes feel inadequate for the tasks of the day. There are some encouraging truths in 2 Timothy...too many to mention in this post. But I wanted to share a few that really spoke to my weary heart right now. Sometimes, the Lord teaches us in themes. And lately, one of the themes He has spoken to my heart is that serving Him is not about my ability to perform...but about God's ability to work in and through my life.
...who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began...~ 2 Timothy 1:9 He saved us...He calls us to serve Him...according to His purpose...with grace given to us in Christ Jesus...not because of anything we do on our own. And His plans for our lives were in place before time began.

Later, in chapter 2:21 we are encouraged to be "a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work". Throughout 2 Timothy, we are encouraged to study God's word (chapter 3:17)"that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work". He will equip us to do the work He calls us to do. Our part is to abide with Him...to seek Him in prayer...to study His word...to trust in Him. He does the rest. He will prepare...He will equip...thoroughly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And today, as my heart is heavy with the struggles of so many grieving mothers and families facing obstacles these words encourage me to carry on:
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the Lord. ~Psalm 31:24
Z

As a mother, there are many things that I cannot protect my children from, although I would like to. I wish I could keep them from harm or illness. From falling into sin or making mistakes that could change their lives. I want to keep them from evil...or the dangers of this world. The nightly news alone could keep a mama's heart from resting at night. The fear would smother and overwhelm me, except for this truth: For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. ~2 Timothy 1:7 I am clinging to this verse as a mom right now...holding on to His promises, believing His truth, resting in His ability to protect and guide us as parents...and to guide our children throughout their lives. And when they are afraid, in the dark of night...I will remind them of this verse as well.

Praying for so many of you out there as well...Be of good courage, sweet friends. He shall strengthen your heart...Hope in Him...

12 comments:

Carol said...

Those were the very words used for comfort when my dear mama died. The pastor read them to us as we were all gathered around her bed. My sister called early that morning, I may have told you this, and said, "Remember how the pastor said, Joy comes in the morning? Mama went home." Thank you for your sweet words...all of them. Love, Carol

Ruth said...

Beautiful and so encouraging. God is so good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the entry. It was very uplifting. He does speak through you.

Meredith said...

There was so much comfort crammed into those chapters! I found it hard to type for the tears, I'm guessing you might have experienced the same. Morning DOES always come, eventually. Thank you sweet sister for sharing how God spoke to you this week!

Jennifer Ross said...

God definitelyly gives us the strength when we need it. I have been at the bottom of a pit, and I would pray. Almost immediately, I was full of strength that came straight from God!

Jenny

Tammy On the Go said...

I love the photos!

Tricia said...

A great post Kelly... how comforting to know that the joy does come in the morning, that it will not stay night forever.

I too found too many truths in 2 Timothy to share, it was so packed full of good nuggets, the Lord spoke to me through just about every word of it!

Still praying for you, and also praying for Stellen, I saw that last night, I need to add it to my prayer blog...

Blessings!

Laurie Ann said...

Keep clinging to that promise. I love that verse. And the promise that joy does come in the morning - oh, praise the Lord when the night has seemed so long and the Son finally does rise.

Jamimania said...

Kelly... I Love that verse (psalm 30:5) I love the song "Trading My Sorrows" too. What an encouragement. Thanks for your sweet words today, music to my ears. Truly our hope is in the Lord and his strength is made perfect in weakness. Aren't His promises awesome!? Loved the photos of you and your family. PRECIOUS!! :)

Linda said...

Kelly, I too want to be a vessel of honor,...fit for the Master's use.

I don't want to let troubles, or stresses of life, or fears keep me from serving the Lord.

I have experienced the sorrows of life and have spent time grieving for my little 6 yr. old granddaughter, and for my father-in-law, and then my sister in law, and then my mother-in-law, and then my sweet sister just a couple of months ago. But after each of these times, my joy has returned. I praise God for His power that revives me. I thank him for the "Joy that comes in the Morning!"

Held in His Arms,
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

DeeDee said...

beautiful post Kelly...He does turn our mourning into dancing and JOY comes in the morning.
Thanks for sharing so beautifully (sorry I did not get back with you yesterday)
Sweet Blessings My Friend!

Anonymous said...

Joy Comes in the Morning, has been one of "my verses" I've claimed. We never know how long the night will be, but we KNOW without a doubt, morning will come again. I've enjoyed reading further thru your blog.