Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Three Questions

For more information about Tuesdays Together in The Word or to join us on the journey, please visit DeeDee's blog.

This week's scriptures left me with three questions (which led to more questions) tugging at my heart.

1. Am I willing?

Luke 10:2 Then He said to them, "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.
Am I willing to be among the "few" laborers? Am I willing to follow the Lord's calling to serve Him...to tell others about Him...to go to the difficult places? And am I willing when there's little help, little encouragement, little progress, when I'm tired, when the burdens are heavy, when I'm distracted by the "cares of this world"...am I willing? Will I look away when it hurts or will I have the courage to show compassion? Will I walk with those who are walking in the valley of the shadow of death?

When I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
Whom shall I send
And who will go for Us?
Then I said, "Here I am! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8


When He calls, will I leave everything, count the cost, and follow Him? Will I say..."Here I am, Lord. Send me"?

2. Do I trust Him to meet my needs?

Luke 11:9-13

Luke 12:6-7,22-34
Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs on your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.3.
(Luke 12:6-7)

And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows you have need of these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.

God is able to meet all my needs for today...for tomorrow...for the days to come. And He is faithful. Do I trust Him to keep His promises? Can I lay my burdens at His feet? Can I allow His peace to ease my anxious mind?

Am I ready?

Luke 12:40 Therefore, you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Luke 10:41-42 Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.


What was Mary doing? She was sitting at Jesus' feet, listening to His Word. Should my life be required of me today...should my Savior return for me...what will He find? Will He find a servant waiting, listening to His Word...ready for her rescue? Or will He find me rushing around with an anxious mind...troubled about many things?

Lord, give me a heart and spirit that is willing. Thank you for meeting my needs so faithfully. Let me never forget your promises. Keep my eyes focused on you. And Lord, prepare me for whatever tomorrow brings...for your plans, your purposes, and your promises for my life.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

This is a great post with some great questions to ponder... I desire to be willing to do what the Lord calls me to do, but am I really? I know the Lord provides, He has proved Himself to me in that area these past few months, and really over the course of my life... He is definitely faithful to His Word, His promises, and His character!

Thanks for sharing what the Lord is speaking to you, I was blessed by your post!

Blessings!

Laurie Ann said...

What a beautiful post and a wonderful 3 questions to ask ourselves!

DeeDee said...

Wonderful post Kelly! Thanks for participating with us as we read and study together. I am really enjoying the different perspectives from each.
Thanks for your prayers.
Blessings,
DeeDee

Tricia said...

Kelly
Thanks so much for the information you sent to me to get to the couple on my prayer blog. I have sent it to the lady who sent me the prayer request so hopefully she can get it to them.

This excites me so much! The Lord laid it upon my heart to start this prayer blog, and I am so excited to see Him beginning to work and connect people through it! Thank you for allowing the Lord to use the suffering you have gone through to reach out to others!

Blessings!

Kelly Ellison said...

Thanks for the great post. Your questions really get you thinking. All through scripture, Jesus used questions to make those around him ponder their relationship with Him and He continues to use that in our lives today.
Blessings to you

Unknown said...

What beautiful thoughts and meditations.

Thanks for sharing your heart. Those are great questions to consider. :) One thing I know for sure - I want to be willing...I do trust him, even though my flesh struggles, and I am so ready - but I do need to sit at his feet more. Life gets hectic and it's easy to leave sitting at his feet out. :( Oh the struggles of human'ness'.

Thank you for the insight Kelly.
Love,
Lynnette

La Familia Garcia said...

These are beautiful verses. May we always be ready to be used where/when God wants to use us.