Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

That Which Was Lost

For more information about Tuesdays Together in The Word or to join us on the journey, please visit DeeDee's blog.

I once was lost...but now I'm found.

Have you ever wondered if God really loves you? Wondered if you were even lovable? Have you ever felt forsaken...rejected...unworthy...hopeless...lost? I have felt those things...wondered those things...and I was lost. Once, I was lost in my own sin. I was held captive by fear. I believed God's promises were true, but were they true for me....me, an undeserving sinner? Me...the one who doesn't quite measure up. Could He really love me? Did Jesus really come for me? Was it true that He would never leave me?

Even after I surrendered to His call, giving Him the rest of my life, I didn't fully know the depth of freedom and love He had for me. Fifteen years later...He's still whispering His truth into my heart...revealing more of who He is. And He will spend eternity showing us the depth of His love. Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. I Corinthians 2:9

This week's reading is a glimpse into the love of our Savior. The Jesus we serve...the King of my heart...He is the One who came to seek and save that which was lost. (Luke 19:10) He loves us with a fierce love. The kind of love that is unshakable. The kind of love that will hunt us down should we stray...and carry us home. (Luke 15:1-4) The kind of love that will not die...will not give up should we turn away...and will search for us in the dark places to lift us into the light. The kind of love that waits for us and welcomes us home...no matter where we have been or how long we stayed away. (Luke 15:11-32) He is the One who ate with sinners (Luke 15:1-3)...the One who died for sinners...the One who rose again that those who were lost would be found. Those who were dead would be alive. Those who were perishing would be saved.

He talks about leaving the ninety-nine sheep for the one who is lost. He mentions searching for one lost coin. He shares about a father whose love for a lost, prodigal son never died. And, in all of those cases...there is rejoicing in Heaven and on earth when the one who was lost is found again.

How much value does He place on one He loves? Immeasurable...you are immeasurably valuable to Him. So valuable, He gave His very life for you...and for me.

I once was lost, but now I'm found.
He came...
And, He found me.

For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost. (Luke 19:10)

8 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Oh, Kelly! What a beautiful post on the Savior's fierce love for us. I love it!

DeeDee said...

Beautiful post, Kelly!
I love the way that you said this:
Fifteen years later...He's still whispering His truth into my heart...revealing more of who He is. And He will spend eternity showing us the depth of His love.

It was a wonderful week in the Word. - Thanks for sharing it with us!
I have finally posted mine. I think I was dealing with some WARFARE.
Sweet Blessings,
DeeDee

Blog is no more said...

I agree with everyone...beautiful post!!

Toia said...

That was beautiful. I am thankful that you allowed God to use you in such a wonderful way for this post. You see how God can turn our messes into messages. God is truly awesome!! You are a living testimony. Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration!!

Jennifer Ross said...

There is nothing better than knowing that you are loved by the Father with an absolute love.
You have never been alone from the beginning, and will be loved on through eternity.

In Christ,
Jennifer

Jenileigh said...

This was beautiful.

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Beautiful, Kelly!! Wow, in one day two wonderful women in Christ, you and DeeDee, visit my blog. God is so sweet like that.

Thank you for your encouragement to me, and for sharing your love of the Lord so beautifully.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Stacy said...

I don't know how I found your blog, but I love this post.

Praying good things for you today.