Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Saturday, November 14, 2009

While We Were Out...

Most Saturday mornings, I can be found sipping some tea and visiting blog friends...praying and working on Sufficient Grace Ministries shipments, emails, correspondence, etc. This morning, I arose early to attend the Arise! Cry Out! Moms in Touch International Event with my in real-life friend, Lynette (a mighty little prayer warrior and one of my dearest friends). I have prayed, with Lynette and my other Moms in Touch friends since my Sophomore was in Kindergarten. I have seen the Lord work in mighty ways as I've prayed alongside these mothers over the years... in weeping and rejoicing.

Lynette and I are pictured below after four hours of tearful, intense prayer.



We joined our prayers with mothers praying from 9:00am to 1:00pm in various time zones around the world, covering the earth in 24 hours of uninterrupted prayer. Mountains moved as mothers cried out to the Lord on behalf of their children. It was beyond-words beautiful...and a humbling privilege to be part of the miracle. We left exhausted, cleansed, renewed, and encouraged. It was truly a divine appointment...the Holy Spirit's presence was evident through each moment of those four glorious hours of focused intentional prayer. And, I am so grateful that we shared this day together.

But, while we were out...

MckMama blessed our socks off...AGAIN!!!!!!!! I had no idea that Sufficient Grace was once again receiving a blessing from MckMama and family as she included us in the three charities supported by the MckFamily. Readers commented on the post where she pledged to include a generous donation to each (giving $1 for each comment posted to the 3 organizations - Sufficient Grace, String of Pearls, and The Liz Logelin Foundation). In addition to her generous donation, she encouraged her readers to make their own donations, and they have been flooding in! This was a complete surprise, and an amazing blessing from our amazing God and this amazing MckFamily!!!

Most of you know that we are rejoicing over the miracle of sweet Stellan's healing from SVT. MckMama's post regarding the miracle that we all share as our own, was so beautiful. I especially love that she acknowledged not only the miracle of God's healing on earth...but also the miracle when He heals by taking his child to heaven. Both are miraculous...both are great gifts. Thank you, MckMama for your generous, amazing, beautiful heart. I love you, dearly...and we are blessed beyond words.

In addition to all of the obvious ways that God has blessed us on this beautiful November day, can I just share one more thing? Often, I feel pulled in various directions as a mom, wife, ministry leader, etc. Today, in more ways that I can convey with words, God spoke to my weary heart during those four hours of prayer. There are so many things on my heart to do. I am busy and rushed...sometimes trying to operate on my own power, instead of leaning on the Lord. He reminds me and draws me back. Today, as I prayed for my children, I thought for a moment how I long to do even more in the ministry. But, still working full-time, I am juggling both, for now...along with our family needs.

When I came home, and found out that Sufficient Grace was being blessed today, I felt the Lord whisper to my heart..."I've got this, my daughter...I've got you, and I will take care of you and all that concerns you today."

I can't be everywhere...doing everything on my heart all at once. In fact, I wasn't here for any of the hoopla...had no idea it was happening. I can't be everywhere, and I don't have to be...because my God CAN and He is faithful. I was exactly where I needed to be today...praying for my kids. But, while I was out...our capable, mighty, amazing God was taking care of the ministry. Abundantly blessing it, even...through the willing hearts of His people.

Thank you MckMama...and everyone who gave today...and to those who continue to support Sufficient Grace Ministries and the families we serve.

Our cup runneth over...

8 comments:

Caroline said...

I have been following Mckmama hard the past couple wks and this morning I was so excited when I seen what she was doing. How much more awesome when I seen your name down as one of the 3 that would be recieving. It's been a powerful week and praying so hard and still for so many. God is so good and even though sometimes the outcome isn't always like Stellan that whatever God has in store He will carry us though. Always there and never leave our side.
God is so good and I'm excited for you and all you do to help others.
Praising God
Caroline

Debbie Petras said...

The amazing power of prayer. I love when we get together with other women for the express purpose of praying. Taking time out of our busy days to go to the source of all healing. He knows all that's on our hearts and minds and yet wants us to come to Him.

May the Lord bless you.
Debbie

Holly said...

I was praying that many would comment so that much money could be raised and donated! I was so happy Sufficient Grace was one of the recipients!! Praying that God continues to bless your ministry.

Linda said...

Awesome blessings falling from above from our gracious Father!

I am rejoicing that Stellan is home and that he won't have SVT again!

I am rejoicing that MckMama has a heart for your ministry.

I am rejoicing that you and your friend had a special time of prayer together on behalf of others.

I am standing in awe of our awesome Lord!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

April said...

I was so pleased to see that MckMama had once again reached out to your ministry, and others as well. She has such a strong following and I love to see when she is able to use that to help others.

My goodness, the power of prayer.

Unknown said...

Awesome! Surprises are wonderful, and God is so great!

Jennifer Ross said...

I had no idea that she did that again. I'll have to find that post and leave a comment:)

Joyeful said...

I can't tell you how much this post spoke to me today, Kelly! I feel my heart being pulled in many directions sometimes, too (all of it good--all of it for Him), but I needed to be reminded that as I tend to the most important calling of all--as a mommy--God is taking care of the rest! Thank you and God bless your ministry! How exciting!