Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Sneak Peak of the Sufficient Grace Golf Outing...and I'm Gonna have Fun Like It's My Birthday!


Just wanted to thank everyone again who supported the Sufficient Grace Ministries Golf Outing! And a special thank you to my friend, Dawn Marshall, who baked in the hot sun photographing the event for us! Love you, Dawn and can't wait to get the photos so that I can share them here! But I do have a sneak peek of some pics that I took with my own little camera.

There were 8 teams or 32 people participating in the event.(a little down from last year when we had 13). There were twenty hole sponsors, a (non-alcoholic) beverage sponsor, a dinner sponsor, and a cart sponsor. Door prizes were also donated. I haven't run the final figures, but Sufficient Grace probably earned between $2500-$3000 from the event! Thanks everyone!

The day began with a rain storm, but there was sunshine by tee time and all was well. My golf game, however, not so much! Team Sufficient Grace, the only all-girl team finished dead last! But we had a blast. There were chunks flying and giggles galore. It was a great time. And we are so thankful for our sweet friends who could share the day with us!

Here are a few pics of team Sufficient Grace. Stay tuned...when I get the pictures from Dawn, there will be more pics of others who shared the day with us.

Kelly "Chunkalicious" Gerken (because of the way I hit...not a reference to my body type which may or may not be a true description!) When I hit, chunks of ground fly up in protest. This misery went on all day...but I kept smiling. =)


Nicki "Scoots" Strunk (also in reference to hitting)
.

Raechal "Fee-Fee" "Ice-Ice Baby" Feehan (Fee can hit off the tee further than any girl I know...except for sometimes Scoots who also has the uncanny ability to hit like a man, when not scooting, of course. Thanks for carrying our team girls.)


Becki "sink that putt" Burner who lended both her putting skills and her caddy skills to the day in addition to her delicious strawberry cake, which I will be enjoying for my birthday today as well.


Remember my motto, if you can't be good at something, you better at least look cute doing it. I think that was achieved!


And...fun is also required!


And now...I'm off to have fun like it's my birthday...because it is!

Thanks again to everyone who helped support the event! There will pics of sponsor signs and an official thank you listing all those who gave posted soon. Love to all...

6 comments:

MommyIvy said...

Looks like you girls had fun!

Tammy On the Go said...

Well Happy Birthday then!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! I hope you enjoy your special day! I'm so glad that you got good weather by the time you guys teed off because I had heard that it rained up there earlier in the day.

miss~nance said...

Looks like fun. Hope you had a lovely birthday.

Gail
Australia

Kristin said...

Awww! You girls do look fabulously cute! Happy Birthday Kelly! I hope you had a great day :)

Jennifer Ross said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY!! Looks like you had an awesome day.

P.S. You would have been in first place...... if you were wearing your pink high heels:] LOL