Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Sunday, February 20, 2011

When Heaven Whispers...



Yep...I'm late to the party again. But, Franchesca's blog hop is just too precious to resist. So, late or not...I'm joining in anyway. I love the idea of the little miracles, the ways God whispers His presence to our hearts...the ways He shows Himself specifically to us. When He does that in my life, I call it a Daddy's little girl moment. Special gifts, sent straight from Him to me...His little girl. Holly wrote about Godwinks in her post. I love that.

There are so many moments when God has whispered His love to my heart...times when I needed it most. There are also little gifts that remind me of some of heaven's residents most precious to me....Faith, Grace, Thomas, and my mom. I ache with missing for each of them. And, yet...there are moments when heaven doesn't seem so far away. It seems as close as a whisper, as near as a gentle breeze caressing my cheek on a warm summer day.

With each snowfall, I remember my Faith and Grace...and the first snowfall of the season on that November day in 1996, an uncharacteristically early snow...the day I met my daughters and drank in the beauty of their tiny faces. A sight that needed to last a lifetime. I especially love the snow with big fluffy snowflakes...just like they were that day...perfect and uniquely created by God...just like like my little girls.

Thomas is in the days with crisp blue skies and big fluffy white clouds. He is in the heaven shining through. Just like the day we stood by His grave. Light shining through darkness. Every time I lift my voice to sing "Oh Lord You're Beautiful", I remember the beauty of his face and glory that filled the room on the day Jesus came to carry my Thomas home while I sang those words and rocked my sweet boy. It is the closest I have come to Jesus....feeling Him whisper past me that day.

Tim, the boys, and I released balloons on Thomas' birthday in July...and the sky looked just like it did the day we placed his body to rest, twelve years ago.



This hand, holding this balloon, standing beside the grave of our babies....that's no small miracle....



Weeks after the balloon release, Tim came in with a deflated blue balloon, our message of love still attached. He said, "Look what I found in the yard. No coincidence there, huh?" Sweet Thomas loves his mommy and daddy, too....and so does our heavenly Father. We parents who don't get to see our little ones run and jump and live this life love to look for moments that remind us and reassure us that our babies live on in Heaven, and we will hold them again.

I miss my mom everyday. Every season reminds me of her. I love to ride my bike and feel the wind in my hair, like she did before the illnesses robbed her of strength. Every time we drive over the little hills and dips in the road she called belly getters, she is with us, smiling down on us. There are so many sweet memories that she lives in. Every time I send a Comfort Bear to a grieving mom, she is there. The day I looked up ...feeling helpless with her craft stuff scattered before me, clueless as to how to put the finishing touches on the bear...shouting to the heavens that I couldn't do this...that she should be here to do it. She was there. The day my sweet nephew Max was born and the room that he was born in just happened to be the hospital room donated in mom's memory...with her name on the door above scripture that God whispered to our hearts as she slipped from this world to the next. She was there. She loved her grandbabies...of course, she wouldn't miss that for the world! When I glance in the mirror, I often stop for a moment...seeing her eyes looking back at me. I have her eyes. And, I carry with me pieces of her.

I love when God whispers to our hearts that He is there. And, I love when heaven whispers to our hearts...a place so real...a place that waits for us...a place where part of our hearts will be waiting in longing until we meet again.
---------------------

Quick announcement: I just wanted to encourage any mamas who are missing their sweet babies...if you have not taken part in the Threads of Hope bible study, they will be starting another study soon at Anchored by Hope. This is a wonderful study! We covered it on Walking With You last year, and I found it to be a great encouragement.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

That was absolutely beautiful, Kelly.

Caroline said...

So beautiful.

Linda said...

I agree with Kristin and Caroline...this was beautiful indeed.

Love you Kelly!

Holly said...

Loved your post, Kelly!! And I think it is just what I needed. I've always been skeptical about whether our babies can really send us signs and such but I know I can firmly believe that God can send us reminders of them and maybe it is God that sends little signs-from our babies to us.

And WOW! How amazing that the balloon landed in your yard!? Def a Godwink!

Alissa said...

Kelly,
This was an amazing post. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I'm glad that that God is whispering messages of hope to you and to all of us on a regular basis. I think this is what keeps us going during some of our darkest times. ((hugs))

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

Sooo touching. I love the hope weaved into your story. I needed to read that today. Thank you~

ecwrites.blogspot.com

Jennifer Ross said...

Oh, I loved this post Kelly!!! I had tears, then disbelief of that blue balloon returning to your yard. That's the coolest thing!!!!!