Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, July 26, 2010

What's Up...VBS...and my Friend, Deanna on This Week's WWY

What's Up with Us...

Last week, we enjoyed five busy mornings of VBS at our church. The theme was Daniel, and boy was it an encouragement. I love VBS, and often feel like I am learning just as much as the children. One of my favorite things about God's word is that it doesn't matter how many times you hear it, He can speak something new to your heart each time. Our church goes all out, building elaborate sets, planning awesome crafts and games, and preparing yummy snacks. The music gets the children going, and the bible study is told in a way that brings it to life. I truly love my church family, and feel blessed every year to be a small part of all that goes on at VBS.

As I think about Daniel, I am in awe of his courage and conviction to serve the Lord...whether or not it may cost his life. Of course, I also love Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-Nego. Always have. I have searched the bible many times for examples of faith, trying to understand, especially during challenging times in my own walk. I used to wonder if having faith meant that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that God would rescue me from my circumstances. Some believe that. The truth is that I didn't always know if God would rescue me the way I hoped. I knew He would never leave me...I knew that He would carry me through whatever lie ahead. I knew that He would heal and restore...whether in heaven or on this earth. I trusted Him...whatever that meant.

But, sometimes I wondered if my faith was found lacking. I wondered if the people who served him in biblical times knew for sure that they would be O.K. in the end. It's part of why I have always loved Shadrach and his buddies. They trusted God, and obeyed Him. But, they didn't know if they were going to get burned in the fire. They knew the Lord could save them...and if He chose not to, they would be in heaven. They didn't KNOW...but they TRUSTED HIM ANYWAY. That's faith, my friend...trusting Him anyway...no matter what the outcome.

Of course, I also love the ending. They were thrown into the fire and they didn't get burned, not even their clothes. And...best of all, there was a fourth person in the fire that day. Jesus stood there with them, protecting them so they would not feel the heat of the flames...protecting them in the fire. Just like He does for us, today. There will be times spent in our own fiery furnaces in this life, but one thing He does promise, is that when that time comes...He will be there in the midst of it all, keeping us safe from the flames.

What's Up With Sufficient Grace...

Ride4Grace Motorcycle Run

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Registration at 10:00am

Approximately 85 mile ride starting/ending at:

Findlay First Church of the Nazarene
2501 Broad Avenue
Findlay, Oh 45840

Suggested Donation for ride:
$15.00 per bike

Contact Dave: daveamspoker@hotmail(dot)com
Or Holly: caring4carleigh@yahoo(dot)com
------------------------------------

If you're in the Findlay area, we will also be having an ice cream social on August 14, 2010 (11am-2pm). This will include a picnic-style lunch of hot dogs, chips, punch, and ice cream w/toppings. Free Will Donation supports Sufficient Grace.

Ice Cream Social will also be at:
Findlay First Church of the Nazarene
2501 Broad Avenue
Findlay, Oh 45840
----------------------------

Please visit this week's WWY mama, Deanna and read the story of her Payton Rose. Deanna is not a blogger, but she IS my in-real-life friend. She has such a sweet smile and a beautiful heart. Please visit the Walking With You page and show her some love this week.

Have a wonderful week! Blessings to you...

5 comments:

Lori said...

I love VBS too and feel like I get just as much out of it as the kids do!!! I had preschool this year (20+ 3 year olds at bedtime!!! WHEW!) and it was so neat to see stories and words through their eyes!!!

Holly said...

VBS is always a fun time, esp for the kids!! :) I kinda wonder too exactly what their faith was like in the stories we read in the Bible. Did they struggle or have doubts?

Can't wait til the run/social!!

Jennifer Ross said...

I love that story too. It demontrates a faith that goes beyond what our eyes can see. That is the faith that I try to hold onto. I get weak sometimes, but He always gently lifts me back to my feet. How awesome is that!!!

Lori said...

This post was very encouraging to me today! I haven't blogged in a while b/c I was having trouble writing my latest post about my son, but I so enjoyed reading this one while I was catching up with everyone today!

I directed VBS at our church and we go all out too. It was such a FUN week for us - a highlight of my summer! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love VBS, I used to volunteer to help when I was in high school. I have not done that in such a long time but have thought about doing it.