Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Little Blog Party Fun




I've been feeling a little lonely in blogland lately, and a little bit heavy with the demands of this life. So...I thought I'd lighten things up with a little fun Blog Parade! Thanks Abigail!

1. What's your favorite time of the day, and why?

I like the evening, after dinner when everyone's bellies are full and satisfied. The day is winding down, and we've settled in to enjoy the peace and quiet (or raucous laughter) of home.

2. If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of?

Although, I have a fondness for most things chocolate, it has to be Doritos...hands down. I've never met a Dorito I didn't like!

3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be?

Hmmmm, I think I wish that I could do ministry work full time.

4. What's one thing that you get teased about a lot?

In a house full of boys, I am teased a lot about everything! Let's see...my girly golf swing...my forgetfulness? I suppose I get teased (sometimes lovingly and sometimes in annoyance) for being late. I'm working on that!

5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be?

I love Johnny and June at the end of the movie Walk the Line...not the parts full of turmoil or all the mistakes they made...but the end, when they are ministering to the prisoners. Actually, the movie doesn't show them singing gospel music, but they did that. What I love about Johnny and June wasn't so much depicted in the movie, as in their real lives. I love their story of redemption and love...not so much they way they started out...but the way they ended up. Johnny became a Christian, and had a heart for the lost. (Of course, I would be June and Tim would be Johnny Cash...and we'd be singing about Jesus! Hey, it's my fantasy, right? I can make up the rules!) I'd love to be able to minister to others through music with my husband. In some ways, we are already being allowed to do that. So, who knows? (By the way, my love for Johnny and June is probably another thing close friends tease me about!)

6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be?

I'd love to play the piano.

7.If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?

Somewhere warm with lots of sunshine...a beautiful beach on the ocean...and lots of golf courses. Maybe Disneyworld, too. I think that would keep everyone in our family happy!

8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing?

While I'm not an awesome singer by any means, I do love to sing...especially with my husband who is just bravely learning to sing along with his wonderful guitar playing. We like folksy-rock music...with Christian lyrics, of course.

Like this...(my husband and I singing This Little Light of Mine during church worship)




9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?

Home Depot...to purchase new carpet and flooring, paint, and other remodeling items.
Guitar Center...to purchase music equipment

10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be?

Don't laugh, but sometimes I'd like to live in the '50's. I'd like to stay home and focus on my family, rather than working outside the home. And, I would love to wear pretty dresses everyday. But, I would miss the internet! Now is good...and I suppose someday I could stay home...and maybe even wear pretty dresses in the time we're living in! =)

11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?

My color loves vary...so hard to choose just one. Maybe turquoise right now? Other times, it could be fuchsia...and I always like a lot of black!

12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?
(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)


Lately...Sleepy! But, most of the time...Happy!

13. What's the last album you listened to?

Stephen Curtis Chapman - Beauty Will Rise

14. What's something we'd be surprised to know about you?

When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a missionary, an actress, a writer, or a political journalist! =)

11 comments:

Gottjoy! said...

What a great way to get to know you. Some of your answers made me grin. Political journalist? Ha...not me... a lot of our friends are in the political arena and I get tired of hearing about it just from that aspect.
Have a great day, Kelly!

Kristin said...

Loved reading your answers, Kelly! And I loved your song too! I feel the same way about the 50's and loving that they wore pretty dresses all the time. I really want to be one of those people who wears dresses now, but I always feel so weird when I do, like everyone's staring at me wondering why I'm wearing a dress. LOL! I would love to sing like June Cash too.

Unknown said...

I right there with you in the 1950's. I wish we could mesh now and then and have the perfect time period!

Spud said...

I disagree - you ARE an awesome singer!

Carrie said...

What a beautiful blog and ministry you have! I am so sorry to hear about the loss you and your husband have had in your life. Our oldest son was born at 24 weeks and lived just two short days. He would have been nine last week. I know your blog will touch so many people! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kelly! Nice to meet you in this blog parade!

What a beautiful ministry you have! Such wonderful blessings to come out of your sorrow.... so sorry that you and your family had to go through that. But God does great things with our lives, doesn't He!

Loved reading your answers and learning about you! Thank you for sharing with us!

Kami said...

Just catching up on blog reading - this is really great! I love the song, too :)

And oh my I am right there with you in both Home Depot and in the '50s! Do you think they could give us a Home Depot IN the fifties?! :)

Holly said...

You and those Doritos!! lol You picked a good life to live with Johnny and June. I like that! I've been listening to the same CD.

trennia said...

Thank ou for your comment on my blog.
Yeah,today is nice,but I think like you I would enjoy the 50's!
Couldn't think of the year so I was like in the sock hop days..lol.

Amy Clary said...

I came here from the blog parade. It's so great to "meet" you.
I liked your answer about the movie you would live in...your way. I also enjoyed the video. I'm assuming that was you and your husband, right? You 2 are a perfect fit for my husband and I. We used to be in a band together when we were dating and now we just love to sit around and sing worship songs with the guitar in hand.
Please stop by my blog if you get a chance. I participated as well. :)

September said...

I am thinking that this Blog party definetely lightened life in blog land up a little.
Thanks for stopping by earlier.. I am so behind on blog reading.. so happy to have time tonight!
Your answers were so fun! the 50's would be awesome- they would have been my 2nd choice too!
BTW- I have heard you sing, and your voice is beautiful!
Keep looking up Kelly!