Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Familiar Face, New to Sufficient Grace

Last weekend, we had a long-overdue Sufficient Grace meeting to welcome a new face to the Sufficient Grace Ministries team. Although, her lovely face is probably familiar to most of you, she has taken a new position on our ministry board. And, we are so grateful for her willing heart to serve the Lord and grieving families with us. I have long been blessed and encouraged by her tireless heart of compassion, even in the midst of her own grief. I love her positive attitude. She is a shining example of one who "grieves with hope". Most of you have read her story of a mother's love for her daughter. It's a story of hope, courage, and faith. Most of you have read of the life of sweet Carleigh. If you haven't, please click over to "meet" this beautiful family, and the newest member of Sufficient Grace Ministries: Holly Haas.



Welcome, Holly! We are so glad to have you with us. Tim, Becki, and I have been praying for someone else to join us since a former board member stepped down for personal reasons. Becki has served with me for many years, even before we formed Sufficient Grace Ministries for Women. Becki and I published The Women's Edge Newsletter to encourage women with biblical truth, before I was pregnant with Faith and Grace! (Since they would be teenagers now, that was quite awhile ago!) I am so grateful for Becki's support, encouragement, eye for design, fun personality, business sense, and friendship as we serve together in ministry.

My husband is the fourth member of our board. He is more of a behind the scenes supporter. He does have a say in every decision we make, though. I appreciate his wisdom, support, and encouragement. He heads up the music portion of our ministry outreach, which we hope to develop more in the near future.

As I'm sharing this, I just want to also give you a little window into something God has been revealing to me, and to the rest of Sufficient Grace. This morning, our pastor was teaching about leadership in the church and ministry. Some of the verses REALLY hit home for me. As I've often shared my struggle with balancing family, ministry, work, and life...weariness creeps up on me, more often than I'd like to admit.

Moses was leading the people of Israel, and his father-in-law, when seeing all that he was trying to do on his own said this:
"...The thing that you do is not good. Both you and these people who are with you will surely wear yourselves out. For this thing is too much for you; you are not able to perform it by yourself. Listen now to my voice; I will give you counsel, and God will be with you. Stand before God for the people, so that you may bring the difficulties to God." ~ Exodus 18:18-19

There are many needs, and I have much on my heart to do. The problem is that I have tried to carry too much of the burden, when there are willing hearts waiting to help. God has really been working on me with this. Most recently, it has become evident as I've dropped the ball a couple times...losing an order for a Dreams of You Memory Book, getting behind on paperwork, donation recording, and general organizing. Everyone serving in this ministry is so busy that I haven't wanted to add what I've viewed as my responsibilities to their burden. But, it has grown to be too much. And God is showing me that it's time to share the burden with those who are willing.

So it will be easier for you, for they will bear the burden with you. If you do this thing, and God so commands you, then you will be able to endure, and all this people will also go to their place in peace. ~ Exodus 18:22b-23

So, we are working to regroup and redistribute responsibilities...and most of all get everything in order as we adjust to the growth of Sufficient Grace. You may see correspondence from Becki, Holly, or myself if you donate or place an order. We are working together, and will continue to do so...sharing the burdens (or privileges rather...for it is a privilege to serve)...so that we will not grow weary.

Please pray for us as we adjust, looking forward to what God has planned for the next chapter...and thank you for your continued support.

In His Grace,
Kelly

P.S. A few people have asked if our church provides podcasts. I'm happy to announce that podcasts are now available on the new Harvest Fellowship website. Hear wonderful, encouraging, verse-by-verse teaching from our (much-loved) Pastor James here.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I think this is just wonderful. I'm sure Holly will add so much to your ministry. I love what you do for others, and I know they will be blessed by it.

Cecilia said...

That is wonderful news! You both have reached out to me and been such an encouragement. Yea! ;)

Holly said...

Glad to be a part of the Sufficient Grace team! :) Yay!! And hoping to lighten your burdens.

Jennifer Ross said...

Wonderful choice! She's cute too:) lol hehehe