Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Friday, April 17, 2009

Sweet Perfection

Well, I thought I'd just slap up some pictures on this post from last week and call it a Wednesday's Walk. And...if you have nothing better to do, and you need a good laugh...feel free to visit my 100 post as inspired by Lynette! Love to all...Have a great Wednesday!



This day was sweet perfection. It was 75 degrees and sunny without a cloud in the sky. There was the slightest breeze. And, friends, let me tell you...joy filled my heart. It has been a long, cold, gray winter. Sometimes the winter is so long, I forget that spring is coming. Then, just when I have given up all hope of seeing anything green again... Just when I sigh in surrender to the dormant state of my dreary surroundings, it happens. The miracle of spring. The renewal of life. And, hope rises from beneath the dead ashes of winter. Green leaves sprout from the earth. Tiny buds of hope speckle the trees. And like Dorothy taking her first timid steps out of the farmhouse and into the land of Oz, I marvel at the colors of life filling my senses with their glory. The red breast of the robin. The purple majesty of my tiny flowers. The fiery orange of the tiger lilies. Glorious yellow daffodils standing proudly to welcome the day. The shades of green, the lovely white spring blossoms on my trees. Oh, spring wash over me. The songs of the birds singing a melody that matches the peace in my soul...the song of spring. It has returned with the promise of new life. Joy restored. A new day. A new season. Hope rises and swells. For sweet spring has come.




After a good hour of playing and giggling in the school yard in all his boyhood glory with his second grade buddies, James and I went home, and then to run some errands. After a delightful dinner at Pizza Hut, we went home to wallow in the waning glory of this beautiful day. We enjoyed a visit from cousin Addison...a visit which included more giggling, running, and rolling in the green grass while glowing (and still giggling) with glee. Sweet goodness. Could life get any better than this?

We followed up the giggling and grass rolling with a bike ride through our small town to the airplane park where the memories intoxicated my senses. We explored the old caboose and tried to soar with the birds on the swings. I closed my eyes and remembered swinging beside my own mother. Trying to keep up. Wondering if someday my legs could stretch as far and my swing could go as high. There was more giggling and climbing, sliding and joking with the boys at the park. I looked over at the creek and remembered sitting on the bank telling stories with my childhood friend Mary while drifting through endless, carefree summers days. I was little more than eight years old myself back then. All of life was still ahead of me and filled with possiblility. It was a sweet time...a time before I knew that sometimes babies die and mothers get cancer. A time of innocence. I reminded myself that life is still full of possibilities, and not just for my children.

I still serve the same God...the One who can make anything possible. The God who parted the Red Sea and gave David victory over the giant cares for me, orders my steps, holds my next breath. Anything is possible with Him. On this day of sweet perfection, joy fills my heart. After all, spring has come. Hope abounds, and I have awakened from my winter sleep. The possiblilies are endless!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You write so beautifully Kelly. Spring does wonders for the soul doesn't it? There's hope in it.
Off to bed...
Love you.
Lynnette

Holly said...

The days sounds so wonderful. We just had a nice and sunny day and it was such a wonderful break from the rain and clouds that had covered us for several days. The flowers are blooming and the trees are budding. Spring definitely renews your hope!

Jennifer Ross said...

PRAISE THE LORD...for His "fresh supply".

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

That is beautiful and spring is indeed to refreshing and renewing.

Aspiemom said...

Spring definitely adds a bounce to your step and a smile to your face!

Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Kelly, I am glad that you feel renewed after a long cold winter. Spring does that to us doesn't it?

I felt the peace that was in your heart as I read this. Lynnette is right, you are a good writer.

I loved the picture of you and your son. And I see the peace of God in your face too.

You are an instrument of His peace,...and of His sufficient grace.

Love you,
Linda

Sally-Ann said...

What a wonderful day! Loved the photos you shared. Spring is my favorite time of year. Though, here in Florida, I don't think we get a real Spring.

Jared Kraft said...

AMEN! : ) Bring on spring! Beautiful post, very visual! Thank you for sharing such a vivid and happy memory.
God Bless You,
Jared

Kristin said...

As usual, your post just brightened my day and lifted my spirit! I love how you talked about those days of innocence. As we grow up, we just learn that life is really hard sometimes, but thank goodness the Lord does give us hope! You are right....even though we are older, the world still has limitless possibilities if we just take time to recognize them. I am learning to finally live again after the death of my Mom and I can only give credit to the Lord for that! He gave me such a sweet family to live life with, and I have so much living left to do.

I love the picture of you and your son! You are beautiful inside and out!

September said...

I love the last comment you made.. "I have so much living to do!" WOW! Thank you for reminding me with this great perspective,,, you are right - Spring has woken me up to! Time to look around and live each day to the fullest!
Very sweet picture of you and your son- thank you for sharing!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Oh how I love the springtime! It is so appropriate that we celebrate the resurrection at such a time as this when the whole outside is full of new life. (I guess that isn't the case in the southern hemisphere, but it works for me.) :)