Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Feeding On His Faithfulness...And Prayers for Sweet Stellan


I am in love...completely head over heels in love. Smitten with a blue-eyed bundle of beautiful baby boy sweetness named Stellan. I'm sure you've heard of him. And I hope you are on your knees today storming the gates of heaven on his behalf. That is where you'll find me...on my knees...praying as a mother who has knelt beside the hospital bed of her own babies...praying as I would for one of my own. Praying for the heart of the boy who has captured mine. Today, as Stellan faces a very risky surgery, we are praying and wearing orange in support of him. I hope you will join us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Today, the simplicity of His word strikes me. Our God, in His infinite wisdom did not make His truth difficult or elusive. He speaks to our hearts and His instruction is so simple. He gives so much and requires so little.

Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
~Psalm 37:3-4


Can't you just feel the peace washing over you as you read His words? He wants us to trust Him and do good. And then...we get to dwell in the land and feed on His faithfulness. We don't have to strive or place unnecessary expectations or demands on ourselves. We don't have to measure up to a standard or fix all of our imperfections before we come to Him. We just dwell in the land and feed...like little sheep being cared for by a loving, faithful Shepherd, who longs to meet our needs.

What's next? Certainly some sort of mountain-climbing feat...some great sacrifice. Nope. Delight. Delight yourself...in the Lord. Delight sounds good...feeding and delight. I think I can handle that. And then...He shall give you the desires of your heart. Oh...He is good. Do you know what I feel when I read these words? Rest. Hope. Peace. I am cared for. Loved...loved beyond description.

As we turn to I Peter, I could write pages on these scriptures, but I will stick with just a couple. Some that are special to me. Words I have clung to...promises that kept me from drowning...more than once. Promises I will doubtless cling to again.

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith - the salvation of your souls. ~ I Peter 1:6-9

In the midst of the trial it is no small thing to rejoice. And frankly, who is thrilled about facing pain, sorrow, illness, or loss? No one would say, "Yes...bring it on." No one asks to suffer or does it with excitement. But, there is hope in the midst of sorrow if we look past the pain and fix our eyes on the One who saved us...the One who will carry us...the One with a plan and a purpose for every moment of our lives. And, even though our loving God is not the author of our suffering, He is able to use our trials to refine us...to reveal more of Himself to us...to draw us near to Him. It is in the place of clinging to Him alone that I have learned that He is truly all I need. And He is truly all He says He is. I wouldn't know that if I hadn't walked in the place of such desperate sorrow. I wouldn't know the peace of being carried, or the inexpressible beauty that could come from the most hideous of ashes. There is a sweetness that I would not know of had I not tasted the sufficient grace that was fed to me in the darkest valley. With each new trial comes a new taste of His sufficiency and love. And all of it has developed in me a desperation for more of Him...a longing for the promises we have in Him...a desire for heaven and all it's redeeming glory.

There is much more on my heart as I write, but I will leave you with this:

But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord;
He is their strength in the time of trouble.
And the Lord shall help them and deliver them;
He shall deliver them from the wicked,
And save them,
Because they trust in Him.
~Psalm 37:39-40

12 comments:

Holly said...

Prayers for Stellan...

Thank you for sharing that verse. I am posting about it right now and linking to your blog.

Jennifer Ross said...

...Thank you Lord... without the Lord I couldn't face another day.

Thanks to you Kelly for all of the hard work that you put into your posts. You are allowing God to use you, in helping so many hurting people. God Bless.

June said...

I am praying for Stellan, please keep me posted, as I am on a prayer theam at our church.

Angela said...

God has taught me all these things as well. You put it into words so perfectly. Praise God that He uses all things to work together for our good and for His promise that when we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us!

DeeDee said...

Praying for Stellan too....
And thanks again for such a sweet post on the Scriptures.
Ps 37 and I Peter could supply us with a host of different posts huh?

Sweet Blessings

Tricia said...

I too am praying for little Stellan...

And I love your post... feeding and delighting, just thinking about that does bring a peace and calmness. Feeding on His faithfulness and delighting in His love!

And the things we learn from the things we suffer, they definitely do make us realize what a wonderful God we have and do make us hungrier for more of Him... nothing satisfies like His sweet, precious presence in our lives!

Blessings!

Laurie Ann said...

Definitely praying for Stellan. Kelley, I loved what you shared. The calmness of His Word shared here just washes over me. I loved your thoughts.

Linda said...

I too am praying for Stellan. I hope we hear good news soon.

I liked your post Kelly. "Feeding On His Faithfulness" is a great way to put it!

I love the 37th Psalm. It is full of rich reminders. That's why my mom liked it so much.

We all need to rest in Him,...and to find our selves in the green pastures with our Lord,...and our shepherd. He cares so much for each and every one of His sheep. (Just like we love each of our little ones and take care of them.) We just need to remember that.

I loved your picture and the outfit is very "spring-ie",..(:>)

You are a precious in His sight!
Linda

Meredith said...

Sweet trust, sweet sufficiency.......thank you for sharing so beautifully the simplicity of His words to us.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am glad you stopped by. It is so amazing to me how many ppl did, what a Blessing! I was sorry to hear about your Mother, I pray you are doing ok. It is such hard way to see a loved one die.

I just love being a girly girl, it's nice meeting another one!

Also marriage is hard, getting married young is even harder I think, I am sure that you would agree that Jesus is what keep your marriage strong! Blessing to you and your husband.

I to am a Stellan follower, It is amazing to see such a huge body of ppl praying for him.

I hope to hear from you again and I will stopping by to see you! Shi~

Patricia said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts today on God's faithfulness in the midst of our trials.

BTW, I tagged you on my blog today. It's called 8 things and it's a fast and easy way to get to know other bloggers. No pressure.

Holly said...

A thought came to me tonight as I browsed through your blog...our family members in your neck of the woods are having some benefits for Carleigh. They are having the benefits to raise money for some expenses but also to donate to the Neural Tube Defects Research Fund. I would really like to make a donation to Sufficient Grace Ministries once all the benefits are done (which won't be until the end of May).

I think you are a wonderful person with such grace and a great love for God. You provide such a great service and I definitely want to help with that. I hope we raise lots of money so that I can give you a very generous donation!