Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Friday, January 29, 2010

Praying About Some Career Choices...And...Women of Faith....

We're praying about some career changes and choices at the Gerken house right now. A few of our options include the possibility of me returning to college. I've posted details here (in the blog frog forum)...and would love to hear your thoughts. Even more so, I'd appreciate your prayers! Big decisions are not my favorite thing...but, it's always exciting to watch the Lord work!

UPDATED: In other news...Becki and I are going to the Women of Faith Conference in Columbus, Ohio on April 30th-May 1st. (I'm going to try to just get tickets for Saturday, May 1st if I'm able.) What I would like to know, is if you would like to join us???? Those who do go down the evening before (Friday) could book a room in the same hotel and meet us for dinner...and we could have lunch on Saturday during the conference. We could also get tickets seated next to one another. So...if you'd like to come, let me know, because I will be ordering tickets soon!!! Email me for more information...

UPDATED AGAIN: Tickets must be purchased for both days...but you can share tickets if there are some that wish go on Friday. Tickets can be split with one person attending Friday and the other Saturday. The good news is (and I'm so excited I can barely type) that Mary Beth and Steven Curtis Chapman will be there on Saturday to share their music and their message!!!!

10 comments:

boltefamily said...

I am seriously thinking of going! I had been contemplating it and now am even more excited. If we can squeeze it into our finances I would love to join you!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Yay...Kristie...that would be awesome!

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

It is never too late to get additional education, and it does open doors. Good luck in your decision-making!

Jennifer Ross said...

That sounds like a wonderful event to be able to join. If only I lived closer...

Any extra education can never be bad... unless it's keeps you from blog land:(

...just kidding... well, maybe not. lol

Unknown said...

Praying that God's will is revealed to you all in your decision making process! I love Women of Faith and the Chapmans! Bring your kleenex!!

Caroline said...

Praying for whatever you decide for school but it's never too late.
I wish I still lived in Ohio I would go for sure. Hoping you have a great time Kelly.
Caroline

Holly said...

I would love to go Kelly but I need to check with hubby since it is a little pricey. I forgot to ask him today so I'll check tomorrow.

Praying for your big decisions!

MelissaLeigh said...

Hey Kelly! First I want to thank you for the "Dreams of You" book! I loved it!! Can't wait to get it all filled out!

I am kind of in the same boat...I am trying to figure out what and how I am going back to school. I was laid off from my job in Dec. and just found out my husband will not have a job in a month or so. We just did the 21 Day Dainels Fast, God has directed me to some sort of ministry BUT he has not revealed what!! So I am waiting and praying!! I will be praying for you also! It is a big decision to make! Thank you again for the book!

Have a great time at the Women's Conference! That is going to be awesome to hear The Chapmen's message!

Linda said...

I will be praying for you Kelly.
I also hope that everyone who goes with you or meets you at the Women of Faith will have a blessed time of worship and fellowship.
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Joyeful said...

I am praying for you and your big upcoming decisions! I'm terrible at making decisions like that! I just pray God will close the doors he wants to close and give you peace to walk through the one he opens!

Love ya!