Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Scrapping for Grace...

Last Saturday, I spent the day with some lovely ladies at Holgate United Methodist Church...and my girl, Holly (Carleigh's Mama)! While I am soooo not a scrapbooker, I filled my golf tote with some scrappin' supplies that I inherited from my crafty mama and joined in the fun. Actually, I spent most of the time chatting with Holly and looking at her beautiful scrapbooks of Kyndra and Carleigh, sharing the story of my Faith, Grace, and Thomas, and Sufficient Grace Ministries, laughing and crying and just bonding with the ladies. I'm pretty sure I talked too much...it seems I always do. And, as you know...I'm a re-player...always wondering if I should've said this or shouldn't have said that. I'm working on that...and God's working on me.






I did, however, get Timothy's golf scrapbook done (at least Freshman and Sophomore year). It will probably be the only one I'll ever do...except maybe for James when he's in high school sports. It just isn't my gift...but, it was for a good cause. And we are so grateful that the UMC ladies were willing to do this to support Sufficient Grace Ministries. Thanks, ladies for a wonderful day...and for your donation! Plus...how amazing is Holly for being willing to drive all the way up here? Love that girl! Holly- you rock!




Visit Holly to read more...her pics are always better than mine! =)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also...just wanted to take a moment and share a bible study and support group that Kristie shared with me. I had hoped to take part, as I've been meaning to read Threads of Hope, Pieces of Joy for quite awhile now! Even before I heard about Kristie's support group, I wanted to do this bible study for a Walking With You segment. I thought I'd purchase a few books to give away and for those who do not win, I believe the book is now offered online for free. (The authors recently shared it with me...and I'll share the link here when it's closer to the time.) I don't want to take away from what Kristie is trying to do, so I thought I'd start the Walking With You - Threads of Hope Study the same week Kristie is beginning hers. That way, you are free to participate in both. I will probably just do mine here, since Kristie's requires you to be online at a certain time, and I'm just not able to commit to that. I think it will be great, though for those who could benefit from "live" support...and I'm grateful for her willing heart to comfort grieving families.

Click below to read about Kristie's study and support group...
http://threadsofhopeonline.blogspot.com/




Stay tuned for more information about the Walking With You - Threads of Hope Study beginning February 25th. I'd like to the sessions weekly until we complete the study. So, let me know if you're interested!

7 comments:

Franchesca said...

The scrapping sounds like fun!

I started the bible study with Kristie and then found out I was expecting. It was so emotional for me and I had to stop. Kristie was a sweetheart and so understanding. I am interested in sharing in with you through your blog. I think that would help. I began reading the book and it is phenomenal.

xo

Jennifer Ross said...

I wish that we all lived closer!!! Scrapping is so much fun, and a whole lot of work!

I'm "re-playing" my last post over and over in my head.... I hope I didn't sound to mean. I felt very judged by a few. My heart was in the right place when I went and got it done. I really hope that I didn't disappoint God:(

I'm very interested in the bible study. Keep me posted.

Yes, Holly rocks! lol

Gottjoy! said...

Oh, what a time for both of you.

I signed up for sweet Kristie's study, but didn't know if I could commit to the Thursday night. I really want to do this study, so I am interested in what you may plan to do.

And you both are so beautiful! Inside and out!

Kristin said...

What a great idea! I think that's so neat that Holly got to come. I am a replayer too. I am always thinking about what I said after I get home :(

Cecilia said...

I am a re-player, and it drives my husband crazy because it's combined with insecurity. Yesterday I finally told someone up here about losing Ethan (we were in the middle of moving to NY when it happened, and have just started meeting people up here) and I have replayed it over and over in my head. Glad I'm not the only one!

I would be interested in the study. I don't think I can commit to the set meeting times, but I would love to participate here.

Holly said...

I'm definitely glad I went! It was a good time! And I accomplished some pages! I gave my mom that memory box thing and she really liked it.

I'd love to participate in the bible study with you. I have been interested in that one.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, although I've still behind on the Walking with You posts (I know you understand), I'm interested in participating in this bible study. I think it would be good for as I'm beginning to feel lost again. The fact that it starts February 25 - the day before my birthday, the last time I heard Calvin's heartbeat, and a week before I found out he had gone to be with God - is probably a sign for me.

PS the scrapbooking looks like it was a good time. if i lived closer, i would have loved to attend.

PPS i never told, but i gave the Dreams of You Memory Books and Comfort Bears to the people in support group and they were really touched by them. they'd never seen a book for baby loss and the bears were just the right size. there were tears, of course, but i think they were good sad tears. thank you again for the beautiful work you do!