Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Barely Hanging On

My computer is barely hanging on. It will probably die before I finish this post! Even plugged in, it will not hold a charge. I have to put it on it's side and hold it down to keep it on...which leaves me leaning over, hanging upside down and typing sideways! Oh yeah...it isn't pretty folks. Or comfortable. As I am typing the critical battery window popped up and the cd-rom thingy popped open, simultaneously. I'm thinking that by the time I replace both things, I might as well just get another computer. By the way, if you are a new subscriber, I promise my posts are usually a little more substance-filled than this one.

Which brings me to the next thing, which is really kind of pathetic. Lately, I've felt a little like my computer...barely hanging on. And, for no good reason...which is even more annoying. No terrible, life-altering events are happening. Just the day-to-day grind...the busyness of life, often my nemesis. Sometimes I don't think I was made for this time, but I know I have lamented about that before. And, I really don't want to whine. There is so much to be grateful for.

It's just that I am not a woman who can do it all...and do it well. My housework is suffering. My creative juices are running dry. I get tired and cranky when stretched beyond my limits. I get disorganized and frazzled...quite honestly, I don't know what is possessing me to waste time writing this sad little post, especially when I can't even visit my blog friends lately, let alone string together some words of value. Hold on...the red light is blinking. I have to stop and lean more heavily on the computer. You know...so that it realizes that it is indeed plugged in.

Hmmmmm....

Perhaps that is the problem. The life is draining out of my computer, because it cannot properly connect to it's power source. It's so weak, it doesn't even recognize the source of power connected to it...so drained, it can barely hang on. I am feeling drained....could it be because I am not properly connected to my Power Source? Could it be that I need to refuel...taking time to sit at the feet of Jesus...meditating on His word...spending time in prayer (not the rushed on the go kind that has been frequently occurring.). When it feels like I don't have any time to squeeze that in....when the demands pile up....I need to remember that I can't afford NOT to take the time. When the life is draining...and my energy is low...I need to press in and lean more on my power source...not less. I can't do it on my own. But, with God...all things are possible. His strength is made perfect in my weakness. And, as always...His grace is sufficient to meet my needs for this day...this hour...this moment. He is faithful. And,(unlike this computer...ahem) His power supply will never fail me.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey Kelly....just stopping by to say Hi! Poor computer.....it did give me a chuckle to think of you hanging off of your chair though. Ha! I am exactly like that too....I just don't enjoy being super busy. I hope you will be recharged and feeling as good as new!

Snarky Belle said...

Sweet Kelly, you are in my thoughts and prayers. The picture of you, in my mind, battling it out with the computer did make me giggle. If I hadn't needed that giggle so badly, I'd apologize for it. But, I needed it, so I can't honestly say sorry. ;)

In all sincerity, you are amazing. What a wonderful analogy. "I need to press in and lean more", "His power supply will never fail me"...beautiful, poetic, and so very true for each of us. Thank you.

Tonya said...

Amen. I've felt the same way lately.

Love,
Tonya

Jennifer Ross said...

I feel like I haven't been spending enough time getting recharged by the Lord either. I'm just trying to do it on my own. Thanks for the reminder:)

Holly said...

It was a little funny thinking of you getting the computer to stay on. I kept picturing you being all contorted. lol

Things can get so hectic and you can get worn out. I hope your batteries can get recharged!!

Kami said...

Kelly I love this post. I completely understand how you're feeling because I think I'm there too! It is at times like this that I remember the importance of the verse that tells us to "be still and know that I am God." It's the BE STILL part that I often forget about!

It did make me laugh to picture you on your side leaning on the computer to make it work :) Kind of like life, sometimes ...

I love your blog, I love your heart. I will certainly be praying for you!

September said...

Kelly!! You have been on my mind for days now! Keep pressing on! Life can certainly drain us and pull the energy of enthusiasm right out ,, But, me encouraged,, Wehave a faithful God. I know you are on fore for Him. Just Be Still and Let God!
I love you, and miss your posts.
Keep looking up!
BTW- Go Steelers!!

Unknown said...

Great analogy! We ,love it when you blog, we all know the stress of life and someone running a ministry!

Meredith said...

Right there with you sister!! I can't help but chuckle and you will understand why when you go read my post (and Tricia's) for the Tuesdays Together. It seems the enemy enjoys working in groups!! Imagine that!!?! As for computers, mine was replaced this summer also.
Keep pressin' and leanin' and thanks for the funny! Feel better soon!

Anchored By Hope said...

I wanted to tell you as a suggestion about your computer, ours did the same thing, having to be on it's side to open up, my husband opened it up, and found there was a place for a tiny little battery on the inside, (not the large outside battery). Its a lithium battery I think, anyway he replaced it and got a few more weeks out of it... until he dropped it, then it was gone for sure. Take care!