Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, October 26, 2009

My Church Family

I love my church family. There is so much that happens behind the scenes, both at church and Sufficient Grace, that I could never adequately share how grateful I am for the people I am blessed to worship with each week. But, I wanted to try...just a little...to say how much their love, support, prayers, friendship, and encouragement mean to me.

Our dear Pastor is truly a brother in the Lord, who encourages us both in friendship and through His Holy Spirit-inspired teaching. He will probably be embarrassed by this praise, but we appreciate him and love him very much. Whether giving godly counsel in the area of ministry-related concerns, or playing the drums in our little praise band during children's worship on Sunday morning, teaching the scriptures, or sharing a hearty laugh, sitting beside my dying mother's bed, or giving the eulogy at her funeral. Even if he doesn't love my peanut butter pie...he is one of my favorite people, and a great blessing to our family and our church.

Truly, we are surrounded by people who love Jesus and wish to share that love with others. Whenever there is a need, God uses the willing hearts of His people to fill it immediately. Our church family has given faithfully...through their prayers, love, and support of all kinds. Those with a gift of sewing (along with willing hearts who may be lacking in the gift, but want to help...like ahem...myself!) meet to sew and stuff the Comfort Bears given by Sufficient Grace to grieving mothers. Many individuals and Harvest Fellowship, as a whole, support our efforts financially. We have use of the church copy machine, the computer, the building. People are always ready to come alongside another in need, reaching out in Christian love. I have seen that displayed over and over. Am I trying to hold our church up as some great thing of perfection? Absolutely not. We have our flaws (what church full of sinners doesn't?). But, I am continually in awe of the beauty of what God can do with a bunch of forgiven sinners with willing hearts. Just another example of His amazing grace.

So...thank you, Pastor James...and Harvest Fellowship...we love you dearly...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelly you are describing what a church should be! Too bad all churches are not like yours! I am so glad you have the love and support God created you for, through your church!

Unknown said...

I think it's wonderful that you have such a loving church family. What a blessing. They are also blessed to have you and your family.

Kami said...

It's wonderful to have such a supportive and loving church family! I really believe that is what we, as Christians, need to strive to be: Christ in action. It's a blessing to know that you are where God has placed you on purpose!

Holly said...

I am so glad that your pastor and church supports you and your family along with Sufficient Grace Ministries. I know I am so thankful for our pastor who has done so much for us since we moved to our area.

Carol said...

I love my church too. We are also one big family and such a blessing. When I joined, we were probably 40 on a good Sunday. Now we have moved into a new building and are having room issues. Usual Sunday attendance is over 200 and there are 100 kids in Sunday School! Amazing!!!!