Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Some Sufficient Grace News and What We've Been Up To

Another generous friend of ours is supporting Sufficient Grace through her business. The company is called Miessence and they are based in Australia but do have a warehouse in Nevada. Miessence offers the world's first extensive range of internationally certified organic skin, hair, body, cosmetic, oral and nutritional products. During the month of October, Julie will donate 10% of each order to Sufficient Grace Ministries. I have never tried any of the products, and have just recently heard of this. I do know Julie in real life, though...and have been blessed by her beautiful heart, dedication to serving the Lord, and her love for His creation. If you would like more information...or to place an order, please visit: www.juliereimund.mionegroup.com
Or, you can contact Julie at: jreimundorganics@gmail.com. Thanks Julie!

The next couple weeks are sure to be busy...not that that's anything new! Family life, work life, and ministry life keep me hopping. I'm grateful for it all...but often not the best at juggling everything. I've said it over and over...but, I am so grateful for God's grace poured over me each day! Last week we enjoyed Homecoming Festivities. I work full time with special needs students, for the same school district my children attend. So, work life and family life collide during Homecoming Week. One thing's for sure...we've got spirit! Yes we do!




After taking some lovely pictures of our oldest son with his date for the dance, (husband) Tim and I went to share music at the Fall Festival our church was hosting for a local small town that does not have a church. While I sang and Tim strummed his guitar, James bounced happily in the bouncy house...pretty much the entire time we were at the festival! I stuffed my face with an elephant ear...and managed to spill water all down the front of me. Let's just say that I looked sort of like a nursing mother. (I often say that I may fully enjoy God's grace...but I'm certainly not graceful!)

Last week, Timothy earned an honorable mention at the all-league golf tournament and THIS WEEK...He had a golf score in the top five at sectionals and qualifies for districts...which will take place next week!!! We are very excited for him. He works so hard. And he loves the game. I love to watch! We've also enjoyed watching James play soccer...good, busy times. I love how God made boys!

Last week, Sufficient Grace sent Dreams of You shipments to: Washington, Arizona, Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, Canada, Kentucky, and South Dakota. I am finally working on a stack of thank you notes for those who supported the Sufficient Grace Golf Outing this summer. On October 14th, I've been asked to speak at Holgate Untited Methodist Church to the Women's Group. Please pray for the Lord's leading as I prepare for that, (while continuing to juggle our busy schedule). We are preparing a list of families who have lost a baby that we wish to remember and pray for on October 15th. Please add yours to the list, if you haven't already: October 15th Remembrance Page. I'm so grateful for these opportunities to serve the Lord, and pray that He will continue to equip us, provide for us...and pour His grace over us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to your boys! This week was spirit week for my niece, and I loved looking at all the pics she sent dressed up in random things! I will be praying for you when you go talk in Holgate. My aunt and uncle live there, small world! My hubby played golf, and soccer in HS, and I loved watching him play! Sounds like you all have been busy and blessed lately!

Ms. Sarah said...

sound like you have been busy.
Enjoy your weekend

Holly said...

That's so nice of Julie to donate to Sufficient Grace Ministries! I'll have to check her out and see what she has. Congrats to Timothy on doing so well in golf! I hope that he can move on from districts. I pray that you will do well speaking! Speaking makes me nervous! Eeep!