Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mystery Blogger Revealed

I didn't intend to wait this long to tell you who attended Women of Faith with us on Saturday. But, I've been hanging out with my family and working, and you know...life stuff...for the past couple days. Plus, it's ridiculously beautiful out, which is why this will be another quick post. Posts on SCC and Mary Beth and the others will be coming soon.

Sooooooo,

Would you like to know who the mystery blogger was?


A few of you guessed Holly....




Holly did attend the conference on Friday, but she wasn't the mystery blogger.

Some mentioned Stephanie Gerken, the original winner of the ticket...



Sweet Stephanie (mama to Chloe Joy, Ella Faith, and six other beautiful children) was there on Saturday, along with her beautiful mother, Cookie, (who was my fourth grade teacher, an amazing teacher I have had the privilege of working with in my current job, and one of the women of faith in my own life.) Cookie wouldn't let me take her picture, though! =)

While approaching Nationwide Arena...




I saw, much to my surprise, among the throngs of some 30,000 (or so) women...Tim's gorgeous aunt Susan! Although, her presence was a surprise, she wasn't the mystery, either.




It was the lovely and adorable, Jennilee!



At the last minute, I emailed Jennilee that there was an extra ticket. Stephanie received a surprise additional ticket to attend with her mother. This freed the ticket we had purchased for her. So, it was re-offered here. And, sweet Jennilee arranged her schedule so that she could attend the conference with us on Saturday! It was so nice to meet her in person and give her a big hug.

Jennilee said, "I feel like I know you already!"

I felt the same way...

A couple years ago, I never would have believed I could feel that way about someone I met online. But, this crazy blog thing we do makes us feel like friends, even before we meet. And, I suppose it isn't just the blogging that knits us together. For some, it is the common bond of motherhood. For others it is walking with one another through life, and through loss. For still others, it is one of the closest bonds...belonging to the body of Christ...sharing a sisterhood in Him.

I'm so grateful you juggled your schedule to meet with us, Jennilee. It was such a blessing to spend the day with you on Saturday! Holly, Becki, and I are already talking about getting together next year and attending both days. Maybe you and some others can join us for that!



-------

While several of you guessed correctly, Kristi was the first to guess Jennilee. So, she is the winner! Kristi...email me your address and I'll send you your Women of Faith tote full of goodies! Thank you to those who played along!

I couldn't find her blog to link up, but here is her comment:

Kristi said...
Jenilee?

May 2, 2010 7:52 PM

---

In other news, this post from Stephanie, (Vayden's mama) just blessed my heart. Love and prayers for you, sweet Stephanie...

8 comments:

Jenilee said...

What a CUTE post and a fun way to reveal the mystery blogger... me! :) so fun. I am VERY glad that I got up early and made a dash for Columbus so I could meet you all and spend some time at Women of Faith. I would love to attend next year! :) Have a great day!

Mattie said...

I still wish I could have been there, but I really needed to be with my family. You look like you had a wonderful time!

Kristin said...

Awww.....that picture of the two of you is a picture of two of the sweetest ladies I've had the pleasure of "meeting" in this blog world! Love it!! I bet y'all had a great time!!

{:miss v:} said...

That is so awesome to meet your bloggie buddies! I've been wanting to attend one of those conferences as well. I'll have to see if they'll be in California anytime soon!

Unknown said...

How neat!

Holly said...

Hey, when do you plan to get your tickets for next yr?

Diana said...

I knew it! {But then... I read Jenilee's blog first... LOL!} It would be so fun to meet a bloggy friend... or two... :D

What fun! There is never anything like that here in Kansas... close for me to attend. *sigh* Maybe someday...

Thank you for sharing such a fun and insiring post with us!

My2Gs said...

Women of Faith Columbus was AWESOME wasn't it :-)
http://www.lifedownourlane.com/2010/05/it-was-over-top.html