Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010


It has been a truly blessed celebration of our Savior's birth the past few weeks. We began the festivities with our church Christmas play last week. James played the part of Joseph, Mary's betrothed.


I doubt it was an issue when Mary and Joseph travelled to Bethlehem on that Holy night years ago, but this Mary and Joseph are fans of opposing football teams. Sweet "Mary" is a Steelers fan and "Joseph" cheers for the Browns! They put their differences aside for the sake of the message, and both did a lovely job playing the role of our Savior's earthly parents.

Then, on Christmas Eve, we enjoyed a lovely time with our church family. It was a quiet, gentle celebration as Tim played his guitar and we lifted our voices to sing Christmas hymns. A message of hope and truth was delivered, the scriptures telling the amazing story of our King's humble birth in a lowly stable to a peasant couple while the good news was delivered to some shepherds watching their silent flock by night were read, and the candles were lit. The people joined in a circle, and by the light of the candles alone, Tim strummed his guitar and I lifted my voice to sing Silent Night as the voices of the congregation blended along in sweet harmony. I closed my eyes and allowed the music to lift me to a place at my Savior's feet, thankful for the voices surrounding me, thankful for the beauty of the night, and thankful that Jesus came for me...for us.

We followed up the church service with a Christmas celebration at my mother-in-law's house. There was much laughter, yummy food, and a plethora of presents as we enjoyed the fellowship of one another.





Yay! I am now the proud owner of a Bernie Kosar jersey!! The Browns never seem to hold on to the players that I fall in love with, and I'm growing weary of buying a new jersey every year (not to mention the fact that they are expensive!!). So, it seemed a better choice to pick a player who used to play for the Browns back in the day. I chose Bernie Kosar since he was the quarter back in the 80's when I first started watching my beloved Brownies.

We read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas...


There may or may not have been a kiss under the mistletoe...


With this guy...


Received a Browns Snuggie from Timothy...


Laughed hysterically with these beautiful people...



                                                                  Adored this sight...


                               Soaked in the sweet bliss of this moment with sweet baby Max...


It was a Marathon of Christmas celebrations indeed....a beautiful, laughter-filled marathon. So grateful and hoping you had some times of joy and sweet reflection this Christmas, as well. I have much on my heart for the coming year, and look forward to the next step on this adventure....

Blessings to all...




16 comments:

Sarita Boyette said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas! Here's to a wonderful New Year! xoxo

Jill said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday. Wishing you a happy New Years!

Janet Rose said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your precious comment. Love your blog and ministry outreach! God's blessing upon you, your family, ministry, and those being ministered to through your lives.

Unknown said...

Looks like a perfectly wonderful Christmas. :)
Thanks for sharing Kelly. (I'll bet you were under the mistletoe a time or two (or three). hee hee)
Love,
Lynnette

lost--for--words said...

Looks like you had fun :) Baby snuggles are the best, aren't they?

Jenilee said...

oh what a wonderful Christmas for you! :) the pictures are great and it looks like you made lots of fun memories!

Lori said...

Kelly--just giggled and giggled over Mary and Joseph putting their football animosity aside for the better good!!!! So glad you had a special and precious day! Lots of love!
xoxo

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like it was a beautiful Christmas. Have a Happy New Year!

Holly said...

hehehe you in your snuggie :)

We didn't have a Christmas Eve service at our church. Not sure if they'll have one next year or not.

Anonymous said...

looks and sounds like you have a wonderful time

Spud said...

I loved visiting with you all. I'm so glad that we were able to make it up to see you. I enjoyed those snuggles with Max, too.

As we were getting home Chase wanted to go back to Aunt Kelly's house. He had a great time with his cousins. :)

Coby said...

Thanks for stopping by! ;-) Looks like a beautiful Christmas! I'm thinking there WAS a kiss under the mistletoe. Just a guess! ;-)

Caroline said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I love all the Browns stuff ~ just Awesome

All the best in 2011

Jennifer Ross said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I got a little chuckle when I came across the mistletoe, and tear filled eyes when I saw you holding sweet Max.

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

lost--for--words said...

Hey Kelly, I just emailed you! I'm so sorry - I didn't realize that you had left a comment on my (inactive) blog several days ago!!

Linda said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas Kelly!

Hey, in the picture when you are snuggling with baby Max, is that your mother-in-law's sofa? I have the same one! (:>)

Have a Happy and Blessed New Year!

Love, Linda