Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, June 28, 2010

Would You Like to Be Featured on Walking With You

We've been taking a little break from Walking With You. A few more people are catching up with the recent Threads of Hope bible study that we finished in May. Because I know that many people are busy, I've been thinking about how to proceed, and I have a couple ideas. Prior to the Threads of Hope study, we shared our stories piece by piece, reading one another's journeys and encouraging each other along the way.

The purpose of this group is that grieving hearts would know they are not walking this path alone...that there is comfort, hope and grace along the journey. One way I was thinking we could do this, is to feature a blog of one grieving mama each week. I will do a post on the Walking With You blog letting you know who is being featured, and others who have walked this path can go and offer a word of encouragement, prayer, or scripture on that person's blog. That way, instead of having to prepare a post and visit all of those who link up, we just have to visit one person, focus on their story, pray for them that week, and leave a comment on their post letting them know. I have come across many families who have lost a child, and some have readers. While, some do not have many. We would like to welcome anyone to join in...those new to grief, as well as those who have experience walking this path and can be an encouragement to those in need.

If you would like to be featured on Walking With You, please leave a comment on this post, letting us know your name, blog name, and your baby's name. I will let you know a day or so before your blog will be featured. We will feature a new blog each Monday, for as long as we have participants. (I'm hoping many of you participate!) I think this could be a great way for us to reach out and get to know other families walking this path, as well as to offer hope and encouragement to one another. I hope you feel the same, and I'd love any input on this idea!

Another favor I'd like to ask is if you are participating in Walking With You or would like to follow and read along, offering encouragement to others, please become a follower of this blog. Although, Walking With You is linked to The Beauty of Sufficient Grace, it is now it's own blog. I've added a follow button for those who wish to do so. We also have a button linking to this page, if you would like to help us spread the word. If you are participating, please display the Walking With You button on your blog or in your featured post.

24 comments:

Holly said...

I like the idea for the upcoming WWY. I'll participate!

Holly
My baby is Carleigh
My blog is Caring for Carleigh
http://carleighmckenna.blogspot.com

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Thanks Holly! I was hoping someone would sign up! Glad I can count on you! =)

Kim @ Peace of my Heart said...

I found SGM and WWY very recently (just a couple of days ago!). Frankly, I've been so emotionally fragile that I haven't made it through all the prior posts yet. What I have seen, though, tells me that this is where I need to be. I look forward to "meeting" all of you. :)

My name is Kim.
My baby is Kristen.
My blog is Peace of my Heart.
http://peaceofmyheart-kristen.blogspot.com

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Welcome, Kim...so grateful you are joining us for this. I pray it will be an encouragement to you.

Crystal Theresa said...

What a lovely idea, Kelly.

My name is Crystal Theresa
My babies are Calvin and Rainbow
My blog is Blessed to Be Broken
http://fragments.louielovescrystal.com

Karin said...

I'll participate! I found much comfort reading the Walking With You posts after my second miscarriage, and it's how I found some of the blogging mamas I follow today!

My name is Karin
My babies are simply my little ones
My blog is A Spirit of Hope
http://aspiritofhope.blogspot.com/

Virginia's Mommy said...

My name is Laura
My little one is Virginia
My blog is Virginia's Story
http://cystichygromaandhydrops.blogspot.com/

Michelle Karr said...

My name is Michelle
My baby girl is Janie Beth
My blog is The Journey of the Karr's...Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
http://michellekarr.blogspot.com

Jennifer Ross said...

Kelly,

Given the chance, I will always share Isaiah's story with others.

Through the stuggles and God's beautiful grace......


This is a very good idea Kelly. It's always nice to meet other women to encourage along the way.

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

I thought i'd ocmmented on this already. hmmmm..

I"m Kathryn, our son in Heaven is Seth, my blog is Expectant Hearts (http://www.expectanthearts.blogspot.com)

elena said...

I think this is a wonderful idea and I would love to participate.

Elena
My baby is Lilly
My blog is Lilly Elizabeth
http://ourmiraclelillyelizabeth.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

I also think this is great! I would like to participate as well.

My name is Jennifer
My blog is Eli's Valley A journey of Perfect Love
http://www.elisvalley-perfectlove.blogspot.com

Thank you Kelly for giving us this opportunity to share our precious little ones and their stories.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wonderful idea Kelly. I will stop over and support these women.

chelle said...

Hello,

Thank you for the opportunity to share. I would be honored to participate.

My name is Michelle

Our daughter is April 4.15.10

my blog is Mini-Van Mega-Fun!

http://mdieleman.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

Hi Kelly,

I am late as usual! I would like to participate also! Thanks for all you do!

Blessings,
Karen

Faith 10/28/08
onhavingfaith.blogspot.com

Kathy Lang said...

Hi Kelly,
We lost our precious daughter, Kara, on December 26, 2009. She was 2 1/2 yrs old, and her death was ruled SUDC, Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood. Kara would have celebrated her 3rd birthday next Tuesday, on July 13th. We blogged about Kara's life with our family at http://karaannelang.blogspot.com.

Thank you for doing what you are doing for others.

With hope,
Kathy Lang

Lori said...

Hi Kelly,

Our daughter is Megan. She lived from October 8, 1999 to October 1, 2009. We found out in 2003 that she had a fatal illness, but God gave us 6 1/2 more years to love and enjoy her. We prepared her for her new life and gave her back to Him with a grand celebration on her eternal birthday. It was a day we will cherish forever!
Our Special Needs Life

Gottjoy! said...

Hi, Kelly...
I hesitated joining in because I haven't blogged much this summer. But maybe this will motivate me=).

My daughter's name is Rebekah Joy (Oct 13, 2009).

Here is my blog:http://gottjoy.blogspot.com/

THanks for your encouraging heart!
Karen

Henninger Family said...

Would love to participate! Thanks for always finding ways to reach out to other women who have gone through such an experience.

My name - Kimberly
My Baby's name - Hudson
Blog - Happily Henninger
http://henningerfamily.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

If I'm not too late I too would like to participate.

My Name-Michelle
Our Daughter's name -Audrey
Blog Loving Audrey
http://fortheloveofaudrey.blogspot.com

purplemoose said...

I've been procrastinating this one for a month . . . this is a hard thing to do, to read others' stories and feel the pain behind them. But I think I can do this!!

I call myself the Purple Moose
My baby's name is Shelomith
I blog at purplemoose.wordpress.com

I'm going to try to catch up on the last month's posts now. :)

Jessica said...

My name is Jessica
My baby's nicknames are: Baby Malloy and Baby Bean
I blog at http://survivingmiscarriages.blogspot.com/

rareynolds said...

My name is Angie
Our baby daughters name is Addison Kathelene
9/12/2010
Our family blog is OUR HEAPPY MEDIUM
http://rareynolds.blogspot.com/

Tina said...

My name is Tina
My babies names are Isaac & Hannah Joy
My blog is Fly Away Home To Heaven
http://flyawayhome08.blogspot.com/

This next link is their story
http://flyawayhome08.blogspot.com/2009/06/story-of-isaac-hannah-joy.html