Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ride 4 Grace and Blog World Collides With Real Life

Guess what is happening right now?!

The first annual Ride 4 Grace...that's right! My sweet blog friend, Holly (Carleigh's mama), brought some family members to support this little event hosted by our dear friend Dave Amspoker. You rock, Holly...and I love you!

Since the event is going on right now...as we speak (blog), I am not even sure how many bikers road off into the blazing, breezy summer heat just less than an hour ago. But, I think that there were maybe 12 or 13 bikes. Several had more than one rider. So...it was a small group, but full of willing hearts. And that's always a blessing.

Some riders we knew...like some of our dear church friends. And some we did not. But we are grateful to all who participated and especially to Dave and Brooke who are such supportive and dear friends. And best of all...I just met and hugged my Holly-girl IN REAL LIFE!!! Not a fake cyber-hug...but a real squeeze. It was so great to meet her.

I'm sitting here wishing I just would have hopped on the back of someone's bike or drove behind them so that I could enjoy some ice cream with these beautiful, generous people who came out to support Sufficient Grace Ministries. Or...invited Holly and her sweet family to dinner. I didn't get to visit with them long. But, still...I was so glad to see Holly's beautiful face in person! This was Dave's event. My part was just to share a little about Sufficient Grace and say a prayer before sending everyone off.

It is ridiculously hot and insanely windy (as you will notice in the photos below). My hair is blowing every which way!

Holly and I in all of our wind-blown glory!



Gathering in front of our church, Harvest Fellowhip, as we wait...


I shared a little about Sufficient Grace...



Yes...our church is in the middle of a corn field...




Apparently, I use my hands a lot when I talk. There are about five more pics just like these. Ahem...

Our friend Dave (host of Ride 4 Grace) and his wife, Brooke...aren't they cute? We love you guys!

John and Kathy from church...


And, off they go...into the wild blue yonder...




My husband, Tim, looking on wistfully...no bike for him. Maybe someday, honey...


Thank you again to all of you...for helping us to continue to reach out and meet the needs of grieving families. Hopefully Holly will fill in the details that I missed (as I sit here...while the riders ride) on her blog when she gets back.

Hope everyone had fun!

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow, Kelly! That is so neat!!! I am so glad that you got to meet Holly too! I just love your ministry and I'm so excited to see everyone helping out. I loved all the pictures!

Unknown said...

Kelly, I want to meet both of you in person SO bad! I wish we lived closer. I don't think any of my blogging friends live that close to me - well, Julie at Tale of 2 T's lives in Kansas somewhere - I'd like to meet her too. :)

Well, I'm a little jealous, but happy for both of you!

Love you.
Lynnette

Caroline said...

Wow so neat you finally got to meet in person. I would like to really meet alot of people to that are special. Thanx for the nice comment you left on my blog the other day. I would like to meet you someday to. I used to live in Ohio. HUGS :)
Caroline

Franchesca said...

Looks like FuN!!

Holly said...

The ride was a lot of fun! I'm so glad I got to finally meet you! :) I do plan on putting up a post once I get off of work today so later this afternoon. The ice cream place was yummy (and very generous with their ice cream!). On a side note it would've been a good idea if I would've wore sunscreen. (Ouch!)

Wish you could've had more bikers but it was a pretty good turnout for a first-year event.

Jennifer Ross said...

So glad that the ride turned out well. I started laughing at the picture of Tim watching the bikes go down the road. I tell my husband the same thing. LOL Maybe someday..... when pigs can fly:)

I also started reading that book. I really like how the stories are short and sweet. You did a very good job on your story. That would be really cool to be added to a "real" book.

Love,
Jenny

Spud said...

You look beautiful as always. I'm glad the ride was a success.

Linda said...

Kelly, This was so cool that you and Holly got to meet! Isn't she cute! And so are you. You are two of my favs in the blog world!

Glad you have been able to think up these fun ways to raise money for your ministry.

I read the Miss Julia books (It's fiction,.. about a lady in her late 60's or so) and they had a motorcycle rally in one of the stories and she rode in it. It was hilarious.

Life is fun if ya let it be. I am glad that people turned out for your event and that all went well. Sorry for your hubby not getting to participate.

I'm afraid my hubby always wanted a Harley when we were young and I never let him. (But he had one before I knew him,...so he had his time.) Ha!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Awesome!!!

I totally wish I could have been there with you guys!

xoxo, Veronica in CA

My Very Own Angel said...

I'm so J that you and Holly met, lol. But i'm glad you did. Wow, it sounds like everything went great. Loved the pics.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.