Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Answers...

Thought I'd do a little post to answer the few questions a couple of you asked while visiting my porch last week. O.K....so only Jennifer and Holly asked questions. But, I knew I could count on them! Thanks girls!

Jennifer asked how old I am. I am thirty-four years old, but sometimes I feel much older. Other times, I am shocked to realize that I am no longer in my twenties! Having a teenage son and walking through some of the life experiences I have, sort of makes me feel a little older sometimes. Laughing with my kids always keeps me young, though!

Holly asked where I used to hang out back in the day. Well, there weren't a whole lot of options in this little town of 2,000. Our favorite was probably Morrow's Pizza. Best pizza and hoagies....hands down. It sadly no longer exists, and although many have attempted to copy their delicacies, it has never been achieved. Tim and I went there after our little wedding back in 1994. We sat at the bar...him in his suit from JC Penney's and me in my creme pants suit with the flower comb in my hair, telling Papa Morrow's son that we had just got married. Some of our pictures from the Walking With You photo shoot were behind Morrows. Oh...the memories. We also hung out at the bowling alley (Deshler Lanes), my husband's (then my boyfriend, of course) barn, and each other's houses. We would swim at my mom's swimming pool, talk for hours in my friend Nicki's room and drooling over the posters of big-haired rocker boys covering her walls, cruise around looking for boys, sometimes we would go to Southwyck Mall in Toledo, or the Findlay Mall. We cruised Findlay a few times. The Henry County Fair was always a hit, and of course the legendary Hamler Summerfest. Please keep in mind...these were hang outs when I was younger. And I am definitely not the same girl that I was then. Our current places to hang out are where ever our kids are playing their sport of the season, church, and home!

Holly also asked how often we putt putt at Shady Grove and if we get ice cream there. Well, we only putt putt there (or golf the par 3 course) when we are waiting for Timothy to finish a golf tournament on one of the other courses in the Findlay area. We were going to get ice cream there once, but the line was ridiculously long...and, I do not do long lines if I can help it. It annoys my children immensely! Maybe next time!

And because I like her picture of us better than mine...and I'm still so happy that I got to meet her...here's another picture of me and Holly from the Ride 4 Grace event.




For our local friends, Tim and I will be performing some Christian music at the Corn City Festival on Saturday, August 22 at 11:30am. Our friend Dave Amspoker will be playing the drums and Ryan Tackett will be playing the bass. Oh yeah...we have a band! How fun is that...or funny, whichever?!

Also...I am trying out the Blog Frog Community Thingy. My Community is called The Sufficient Grace Gathering Place. You'll notice the link and a question I posted in my sidebar. I hope you'll join in the discussion. I wanted to know what you are reading - books, blogs, whatever. So, join on in! I'd love to hear more about you!

7 comments:

Holly said...

I was gonna come back and answer more questions but then I forgot to. Darn. Yeah, the line at Shady Grove can get pretty long! I like to get the orange twist. :)

That picture did turn out pretty good. I don't look so squinty in the one we're farther away. lol

Have fun singing at the Corn City Fest. I saw the signs for it driving through Deshler. We have a Corn Festival down in Wilmington. It takes place in September and they do a Corn Olympics which is so fun to watch. The one year I wasn't pregnant I participated and I had a blast.

And you may have noticed I already highjacked your community. bwuahahahaha ;)

Unknown said...

Okay, so where is this Corn City music fest? I will be in Findlay on the 22nd! The Findlay Mall, haha...I love our mall...if you didn't know before, I grew up in Findlay, and Holly is my cousin. Good memories, we are headed to Findlay this weekend!

Joyeful said...

Your little town sounds exactly like the one I went to school in! Only about 1,500 people and our favorite past time was "taking a main" which meant we just cruised up and down the short 4 blocks of downtown Valentine, Nebraska!! Yeah!

I'm so excited that your band is playing at the Corn City Fest! Love the name!!

Jennifer Ross said...

You may feel like your older than 34 on some days..... but I would have to say that on some days for myself, I'm probably up in the 80's. Those are the days I have to peel myself off of my sheets in the morning. LOL The further along I'm getting, the harder it's getting. Not that I'm complaining, I wouldn't have it any other way. I feel so blessed with this little boy:) Can't wait for his debut!!!!

Love,
Jenny

The Writer Chic said...

Sniff. Poor old Southwyck. ;)

Lisa said...

stop by my blog to see something I have given you :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.