Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, December 29, 2008

Attempting a "Not Me Monday"

My Charming Kids is the home of Not Me Monday. I can't get my graphic to link right, due to my extreme lack of bloggy-techno-savvy. (Or, since it's a Not Me Monday...my extreme bloggy-techno-expertise!) Anyway, here is my attempt...

Last Sunday at church, we did not lose our electricity due to an ice storm. We did not wake up late for church and then proceed to frantically scramble to make it on time. It wasn't the day of the Christmas program that the children had been practicing for the last two months. And it most certainly was not like camping and then putting on your Sunday best to attend church. And, of course, I did not insist that we wear our Christmas outfits...including for me, panty hose, a black skirt, and a satin red shirt adorned with rinestones...even though it was a windchill of twenty six below zero. Not me! Never! And I would never grumble at my husband as I scrambled into the car, tearing a run in my hose. I did not blame him for the run...because he was rushing me! I have a gentle and quiet spirit. I don't do things like that!

There is no way it was me seen sliding across the church parking lot, which resembled an ice rink more than a parking lot. It must have been someone else.
My hair was washed and styled with a flat iron, just like every morning. I did not try to tease and spray the morning mess I woke up with Sunday morning! No way! I have it together...especially on Christmas program day. It must have been someone else. Because it most certainly was NOT ME!

* On a more serious note: Please keep baby Stellan and his MckFamily in your prayers.

1 comment:

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

thank you for sharing your story. I also appreciate the prayers you have offered on Nicole and Chads behalf and for reaching out in Christian love to us both!
God Bless.