Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Day Giveaway ~ I Will Carry You

UPDATED: We were giving away 2 copies of I Will Carry You. But, sweet Crystal has offered to donate a third copy in memory of her son, Calvin Phoenix... so that we can bless 3 mamas this week! Thanks Crystal! =)
------------------------------

Original Post:

Love and prayers for all the mamas on this Mother's Day...

...to the moms whose own mothers are dancing in heaven.

...to the moms whose babies are in heaven.

...to the moms with diapers to change.

...to the moms with carpool to drive.

...to the moms with an empty nest, and to those whose nest is full.

...to the moms praying wearily next to a hospital bed.

...to the moms praying for their soldier to return home safely.

...to the hearts longing for motherhood.

...to the stay-at-home moms.

...the working moms.

to all the beautiful moms.

...we salute you and pray God's blessings for you this Mother's Day!

We're giving away two copies of sweet mama, Angie Smith's book, I Will Carry You to bless two mothers this week. To enter, just leave a comment on this post.

And...if you haven't read about our weekend at Women of Faith and the testimony of Stephen Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman, I encourage you to take a minute to read their encouraging words of hope. Click here.

24 comments:

Karin said...

Thank you, Kelly, for your ministry. I always read your updates though I don't comment often. Your heart is so tender, and I only wish I had found your site sooner after my miscarriages. It sounds like you had an amazing weekend at the conference. Thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

Thank you for your words. I haven't had my Mother's day cry yet....5 years...I still miss her. Blessings to you as you are probably a lot of those "moms" you talked about in your post! Love you-

~L said...

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. I pray that those who are hurting on this day are able to find peace.

Tonya said...

I would love to read this book! Angie's story and song "I Will Carry You" completely changed my perspective on Grady's death. It made me realize how priviledged I was to carry Grady on earth and that I was chosen by God for that special but difficult & heartbreaking job. Thanks for your blog and I LOVED your post about WOF...it spoke straight to my heart!

Love,
Tonya

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Wishing you a beautiful Mother's Day as well...seems hard to say "Happy" when a piece (or pieces) of your heart are missing, but thankful to know there is Joy in the Morning.
xoxo

Jessica said...

I love your Mother's Day wish to ALL moms. I am a mom to one girl on Earth and one girl in Heaven. Angie's blog helped me through the difficult pregnancy with my Sweet Eva. Her words gave me the strength to carry my girl to term and to give God the glory for all of it. I've been wanting to read her book since I heard she was writing it. I would be very blessed to win a copy of it. Thank you for your blog as well. It has guided my way towards God instead of away from Him in these most difficult of times.

MissingYouAlways said...

I would love to read this book

happy mothers day to everyone

trennia said...

Thank you, Happy Mother's Day to you too.

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day Kelly!!!! I'm reading Angie's book right now - just taking my time and enjoying it in small portions outside on my quilt. :) Beautiful writing and precious message.

If I win the book, I'll have you send it to someone who would benefit from it who doesn't already have it. I have a lady in mind.

Love you.
Lynnette

Unknown said...

Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes. You have such a kind heart, I am blessed to have met you. Happy Mother's Day to you as well. I hope that you have a wonderful day today and always.

love and prayers
elena

The Writer Chic said...

Kelly, thank you so much for your ministry and all you do to support us...you, in a way, are like another mother. =)

I'm so glad that Erin and James share a birthday; know he will never be far from my heart on her special days.

Also, would love to read the book. Need to pick it up whether I win it or not; these days leading up to Duncan's birthday are hitting me so, so much harder than I anticipated.

Cecilia said...

It sounds like the WOF conference was lots of fun! What a privilege to here MaryBeth speak, it sounds like it went well. I know Stephen's Beauty Will Rise CD has spoken to me.

I've heard great things about Angie's book too. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's day!

Caroline said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm so thankful for all you do to help others.
Happy Mother's Day Kelly
{{HUGS}} Love ya
Caroline

Mary said...

Thanks for all your love and Support and everything you do, Kelly! Happy Mothers Day to you! Wondering if our babies are all in Heaven today together, thinking about their mommies...

Lilly's Mom (Desiree) said...

thank you so much for your ministry. i always look forward to reading your posts. you are an a amazing women, and have been a blessing to me. :) God bless you, and all mommies...especially today!

Mattie said...

God Bless you and your ministry. I loved reading about the Women of Faith Conference! I also would love to read Angie's book!

Happy Mother's Day to you as well, I hope it has been a gentle and blessed one.

Jennifer Ross said...

As always, your post was put together perfectly!

As for the book, I have tried to win this book on a handful of blogs!! I just want to read this book sooooooo bad!! :)

Kristi said...

Happy Mother's Day to all of you! May peace and love find all of our hearts today!!!

Kristin said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Kelly!! That is so sweet of you to give away Angie's book. My sweet friend, Veronica, sent me her copy to read and I am going to try and start it tonight. If I win, I will just let you give it to whomever you choose. :)

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Kelly, i love your Mother's day wish! I have Angie's book, was so blessed by it! I will send it on to someone if i happen to win.
Thank you for your kiind heart. I love you!

Karen said...

Kelly,

Happy Mother's Day to you! I appreciate you so much and your ministry has meant so much to me and so many others! May God Bless you abundantly!

Blessings,
Karen

Dana said...

Beautiful post!

Happy late Mother's day to you!

Holly said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! ♥