Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Truth Will Set You Free...

This is the last installment of the Lies Women Believe Study. There was a plethora of truth spoken by Nancy in these last two chapters, and throughout this book. I'm so grateful for this time to remind ourselves of the truth in God's word. I feel like we have armed ourselves for battle....the spiritual battles we face as women. We are armed with the most powerful of weapons - The Truth!

If you hold to My teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free...If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:31-32, 36)

Nancy shared some great ideas for resisting the lies that often permeate our thoughts. She shared that she will often speak the truth out loud and over and over again. I am one who works through things by talking about them, and I find this to be true even in spiritual matters. While we do not always need to rely on others, there are times when I have called and prayerfully shared my thoughts with a trusted Christian friend, and in the process God has spoken truth to my heart and worked out the concerns. Sometimes saying it out loud helps! I also was encouraged by the fact that we may not always feel like obeying or forgiving...doing the hard part of walking in truth. Sometimes we have to go through the motions of doing the right thing, until all of our feelings catch up! (And the catching up can take some time. It's not immediate!)

There truly is such great freedom in walking in truth. Freedom from bondage, from sin, from so many lies that keep us from being the people we were created to be. Nancy listed several truths in the last chapter. Here are just a few that jumped out to me.

God is good...no matter what the circumstances. He is always, always good.
We are complete in Him...a new creation.
God is enough.
God's grace is sufficient for me...in all things.
My past does not have to plague me.
God's Word is sufficient to teach me, lead me, heal me.
His Holy Spirit will enable us to do what He commands.

There are no "I can'ts" or "This is just too much!" He is faithful to equip us, and we have a choice to obey or not...to cling to Him for strength or struggle to do it on our own. We CAN do all things through Jesus Christ who gives us strength!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this study. Thanks so much for joining in with us. I hope some of you will join with us for our next study: Made to Crave, beginning next Monday, March 28, 2011.

Have a blessed week! Keep clinging to Him and walking in the truth!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I just finished reading yesterday. That was a great book and I'm glad I got to do it. It is definitely one that wouldn't hurt to revisit time and time again.