Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Behind...and (Finally) Some Blog Winners

I am hopelessly and pathetically behind on almost everything in my life right now. If I have promised you a Dreams of You Memory Book or Comfort Bear recently, please be patient with me and please accept my apologies for taking so long. You are on my list...and I have not forgotten. I have been planning to send a shipment out for a few weeks, now. And, in the mean time, more orders have come in. Thank you notes and donation receipts have not been sent. The newsletter has not been written and/or sent out. And life just keeps marching on.

Life with all it's back to school adjustments...first time bus rides...new school attending...Homecoming Dance going...golf tournament playing...soccer kicking...children's worship leading...school picture smiling...working...serving...praying goodness.

So, I am sorry for the wait if you are waiting on anything from us. You are never far from my mind, my heart, or my prayers. I WILL be getting a shipment out soon.

And, without further adieu...the winners from this post (Yes...I know that was weeks ago. Didn't I say I was behind?):

Monica my Writer Chic friend.
Kathryn my Expectant Hearted-friend.

Both lovely women who have beautiful sons perfecting their dances in heaven's glory. I love you ladies!

Yes...I decided to give away two copies of Lynnette's wonderful book, In Faithfulness, He Afflicted Me, instead of just one. You know, good things come to those who wait...and all that!!

Speaking of behind...

One more thing that I've put off. This blog world has been a wonderful gift. I have met some amazing women...that I now call dear friends. I have found nothing but love and encouragement here. And, I'm so grateful. But, I have sadly learned that there is a negative, ugly side to this blog world. Not because of my own personal experience, but from reading the blogs of others. Perhaps it does make one want to "circle the wagons" and "hunker down" a little bit...holding the ones we love close and stepping away from the rest. As I have watched the attacks on MckMama, I have hesitated to speak, because we in blog land really only know one another in part. I suppose if any of us were put under a magnifying glass, we would find a lot of flaws in the lives of imperfect people. Isn't that why we need grace? Isn't that why we need a Savior...because we are imperfect. I don't know every detail of the lives of my friends...in blog land or in real life. And, it is not my intention to engage in any discussion regarding the details of the lives of others, which I really know nothing of. Neither to discuss or defend. It isn't the purpose of this ministry or this blog. What I can do, is simply say that MckMama has been nothing but gracious and generous in her support of Sufficient Grace Ministries. She has kept her word, doing everything she said she would. And, we are grateful for her generosity and pray that the Lord would continue to carry her family as they walk this path.

What is the purpose of this blog? It is our desire to encourage women and families with God's Word and to offer comfort and hope to those who grieve or suffer through various trials. Sometimes we may also laugh, share a little silliness, or a tidbit from our family life. Our heart's purpose is to share the love of Jesus with all that we meet and to offer His comfort and hope through Sufficient Grace Ministries. I pray that the Lord will strengthen and enable us to fulfill that purpose.

9 comments:

Shannon said...

I emailed you my address to get the memory book. I was wondering if you had received it or if it got lost in the mail. Of course I won't leave my email address here for the public to see, lol, but if you leave me a comment in my blog it can start up email correspondence again. (if you didn't get it or don't remember if you got it lol)

Shannon

Kami said...

Take your time :) Everybody gets swept away in the busy of life sometimes .. and it's at those times that we need to allow ourselves to slip away from the "normal" schedule we follow.

I love your heart, your blog, your ministry. No worries on losing a faithful follower here :)

Holly said...

I think we can all say that we have gotten behind on things. Let's face it-life gets busy!! I wish I could help you but I don't know what I could do being a few hours away.

Congrats to the winners!!!

There is definitely negative out there in blogland, but I have encountered far more good.

Jennifer Ross said...

Very very good wisdom. May others stop the judgement and focus on the faults that they hold in this world.

Unknown said...

Oh Kelly, You are great! I hate what people are doing to MckMama, and I am so glad she supports your ministry! You are wonderful, have a great day!

Megann said...

Hi Kelly,
You don't know me, but I found your reply on
lisette-samisblog.blogspot.com. You mentioned you had a friend who's baby survived encephalocele. My 2yr old was born with encephalocele and I was wondering if you could put me in touch with your friend.

Thanks,
Megann Heath

Megann said...

My email is megannheath@gmail.com

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Oh, Kelly, I'm behind myself and so excited to have won Lynnette's book.. Actually I already have two copies but if you send it my way, I have friends I can gift it to..

I'll email you.

Unknown said...

Dear friend, thank you for praying for Harrison. It was such a blessing to know that I had the prayers of my sweet blogging chums.

Love you.
Lynnette