Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, April 5, 2010

Grace for Today ~ My Television Appearance

*If you're having trouble viewing the video link at the bottom of this post, please click here to watch the Grace for Today TV interview directly on the Sufficient Grace Home page.

This weekend has been a whirlwind of activity and I've been battling a cold that's slowly making it's way to my chest. I have so much I would like to share about Easter, our trip to the Creation Museum, and other things rattling around in my mind and weighing on my heart. But, for this post, we'll focus on today's events.

Today, I was featured on the Grace for Today television program on TV 44 out of Lima, Ohio. I arose early this morning to sip my tea and pray for the events of the day. There was little time and energy to do much more than pray in preparation, but praying is enough. After all, God's part is always bigger than our part. Our part is to pray, be ready, and go where we are sent. God does the rest.

This morning's devotion verse found in Our Daily Bread was a fitting answer to my prayers:

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me,
Because the LORD has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified
.”
~Is. 61:1-3


I smiled as the reassuring presence of the Holy Spirit washed over me, whispering His love into my heart. I nodded, thinking, "Of course that's today's verse," as I was reminded of the One who has made beauty from ashes in our lives.

We arrived at the studio at 8:30am...please excuse my hair. I'm not really sure what was going on today...some sort of flat iron debacle creating really flat hair! Not my best hair day!! Ahhhh...humility.



Unfortunately, the above photo is the only one that Becki can be seen in. If you look carefully, you can see her in the reflection...carrying my load of stuff. That's how she looked most of the day...her arms full of Comfort Bears, my incredibly heavy and overflowing purse, and other various items. I'm so grateful she was willing to come and support me in today's adventures. So appreciate her prayers, love, friendship, and the time she gives to serve in this ministry.



The above picture shows Sheri Ketner (host of Grace for Today, and producer for TV 44) and me chatting away during this morning's live broadcast. We really enjoyed our time at Channel 44 today. Sheri is so kind and thoughtful...and just a beautiful woman of faith. Everyone made us feel very welcome and loved. We have more pictures from today that we'll share later when we have time to download the rest.

But...I thought, maybe you'd like to see the appearance...

First...just a few disclaimers before you watch...

Again...not my best hair day...please overlook the mess that is me. Despite appearances, I did do my hair before I left the house today!

There are a few things I didn't say that I wish I would've said: I wish I would have mentioned the names of Faith and Grace...

I wish we would have had a little more time so that I could talk more about the ministry...

The book that has my short story is really an anthology with several authors of various short stories. I don't want a misunderstanding there...

I wish I could have shared a little more how God has worked through this ministry...and that we've been able to send Dreams of You Memory Books all over the country...

But, there is only so much time...and we all know how much I like to talk...

So, tonight...I'm just trying to accept that I said what I could in the time allotted, and that God's grace covers all the areas where I fall short. It's not about me anyway. I pray that He will be glorified...and that others will find comfort. Please note: There is about an 8 minute introduction to the show before my part begins.

O.K...enough of my words...

Click below to watch: My Grace for Today TV Appearance


---

11 comments:

Holly said...

You did a wonderful job, Kelly! Were you a little nervous? :)

Now what just a minute! You went to the Creation Museum!? You practically drove by my house! You should've stopped in! When did you go? I haven't been there yet but I def want to!

Kristin said...

I enjoyed watching your appearance so much earlier on FB. I think you did great and I was so proud of you!! I love that you are helping others with this ministry!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Kelly! You looked great. I have read your story but I still cried a bit listening to you tell it again. Great job!

Jenilee said...

You did a great job! I would have been so nervous and you didn't sound nervous at all! It was fun to see you and hear you. :) It is always hard when you forget to say something that you want to but it is true that God will use what you did say for His glory and purpose. thanks for posting the link!

Linda said...

Way to go Kelly! You did a good job sweetie!!!

I know that must have been hard, and you were probably a little nervous, but it didn't seem like you were nervous at all. God's Grace was Sufficient! Hallelujah!

I know the time ran out and you would have liked to talk some more about your youngest son and more about your ministry...but what all you did say was excellant and I think it will help people, and you gave glory to God.

So I praise God that you were able to do that Kelly.

I could relate to so much of what you were saying, because we went through many of those things with Lynnette and Kyle. I was moved in my heart and in my spirit as I heard you tell your story.

It was fun to hear your voice. You sounded different than I imagined, but God's beauty sang forth from you Kelly. I am so happy that you took that opportunity to share His Grace with others.

Love you,
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Tammy On the Go said...

I shared it with my friends....

Sue said...

Congratulations Kelly, you were wonderful! I really enjoyed seeing you and hearing your story in person. I am moved by your faith and devotion. God Bless.

Cecilia said...

You did wonderful! You were able to convey your story eloquently and I'm sure others were touched by it. I especially related to your mention of how your husband grieved differently, I was just trying to explain that to a friend today.

Great job!

Unknown said...

What a great opportunity Kelly! I thoroughly enjoyed hearing you tell your story about your babies... and giving God glory for bringing peace. I loved what you said about almost feeling you could reach out and touch the hem of his garment. I can totally relate to that.

You did a great job - you were very composed and smooth. I know what you mean about wishing it would have gone "perfectly", but that's not the world we live in and it was great just the way it was.

I actually have the last 3 minutes or so to watch - my computer lost it and then wanted to start it all over and I was like AHHHHHH! because it seemed like it took forever to get to your part - so I'm letting it play again to the part where it quit so I can watch the end.

Anyway...
Good job! PRAISE GOD! It was a great interview.

Love,
Lynnette

Anonymous said...

You are much braver than I! I don't think I could ever be on TV.

Hoping to watch it tomorrow!

God Bless!

~Debra at http://ourimperfectlife.blogspot.com/

Joyeful said...

My computer wouldn't let me view it because I don't have a MIME? I'm technologically challenged, so I'm not sure what that means...

But I'm sure you did a wonderful job! I'm just so glad that God is using this ministry to help so many families go through such a very difficult time.