Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

UPDATE - Hodge Podge, WWY, Please Pray...

THURSDAY UPDATE: I met baby Sawyer yesterday, stroked his chubby baby toes, hugged his mama, and prayed over him. He is beautiful and so sweet. Sawyer is scheduled to have open heart surgery to repair TGA this morning at 8:30am. PLEASE PRAY....

There are several blog posts floating around my mind and heart right now...but, I just don't have the time to get my thoughts together in a coherent sentence. So, instead I'll spit out a few essentials in this sad little hodge podge and be on my way. (Thank you to those of you who put up with me...so grateful for grace...)

New Walking With You is finally up here. This week, we are talking about letting go and holding on while in the pit of grief...and finding the way out of the pit. The next post coming sometime between this Thursday and next will be the last one in the Threads of Hope series. Then we will be taking a little break from Walking With You, and praying for direction on how we can best offer support for grieving moms through this outreach.

We had a crazy, busy weekend that included a lovely Comfort Bear stuffing gathering. O.K., to be real...it was a gathering covered in God's grace. There were several debacles on my part...forgetting things, almost breaking the church laser printer by inserting iron on transfer paper meant for an ink jet, thankfulness for God's grace when it turned out the printer was salvaged, and other mess-ups that were humbling, humbling, humbling...

In fact, it was one of those days when I thought that I had no business trying to accomplish anything and wondered if I should even try to leave the house. Have you ever had days like that? Days when you question your own competence to the point where you're afraid to move? Saturday was a day like that. And, in the afternoon, I drove to Fremont to share about Sufficient Grace to a group of scrapbooking ladies. (I promise you, I am not a scrapbooker! But, I have been spending time with some of these creative ladies a bit lately!!)

I continued my theme of inadequacy...but God's grace covered that too. I felt like it was hard to get the words out, and I wasn't sure if it flowed as easily as it generally seems to. But, the ladies came forward to give a donation and to share their own testimonies of grief and grace in their own lives. I had the privilege of hugging grieving moms and listening to stories of His love and comfort. And, I met lovely women who want to help share about Sufficient Grace with the patients they work with, and another lady who is willing to help us make gowns for the babies in need. Sufficient Grace was blessed with a generous donation and I was blessed by the hearts of these women.

Folks...God is faithful, when we are faithless. And, can I just say...IT IS SO NOT ABOUT US...SO NOT ABOUT ME AND MY ABILITIES....and for that, I am unspeakably grateful.

There was also a baby shower on the schedule this weekend for my best friend from high school, Nicki. Nicki delivered baby Sawyer about five weeks early on Friday, however. Sawyer has a condition known as TGA... a very serious heart condition...actually fatal without intervention. Her sweet baby boy is scheduled to have open heart surgery on Thursday. He is a little fighter...and has been fighting away since Friday. There are some other concerns as well. My heart is heavy for this little family.

Please...just pray for Nicki, her husband, and baby Sawyer. Please...

I just don't have any more words right now...

12 comments:

Leigh Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{:miss v:} said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. I will keep them in my prayers.

Leigh Ann said...

Praying for them and you.

Franchesca said...

i think we all have those days! i am so sad to hear about baby Sawyer i will keep him and his family in my prayers. xoxo

Caroline said...

Praying for your friends so much. Praying for you also.
{{HUGS}}
Caroline

Sarita Boyette said...

Kelly, I am praying for your friend's baby and for them, too. Please don't be so hard on yourself. You wear so many hats right now and I know you do amazing work at all of those jobs. Mishaps occur, things get forgotten, but you have helped so many people in their grief journeys.That is what matters, that and loving the Lord like you do.God bless you.

Kristin said...

Praying for your friend, Kelly.

Gottjoy! said...

You have been busy. I am sorry about your friend and their precious baby. How blessed that are to have you in their lives!

And I don't think I commented, but I really enjoyed watching your video clip and hearing your sweet testimony. You are ministering to so many people and your life is such a testimony of God's grace and healing.

Holly said...

I have no doubt you've been as busy as ever! I'm slowly catching up on my bible study posts. Hopefully I will get caught up this week! We've been slow at work so I should be able to work on it there.

Praying for your Nicki and Sawyer.

And I'm very glad to hear someone has volunteered for the gowns. That's wonderful!

Jennifer Ross said...

Know that I am praying Kelly. My heart truly aches for them... Our God Is In Control.

Once A Mother said...

little baby sawyer is is my thoughts and prayers as thursday's surgery approaches, as are your friend and her husband. Praying for healing for sawyer, and strength for your friends. Thank you again for your kind and uplifting comments the other day.

Anonymous said...

I am praying as I type.
~ with love and care, ~ linda