Welcome

If you are new to our site, this blog is sort of a hodge podge of our ministry and family life, and whatever else God lays on my heart to share. The Home Page above will link you to our Sufficient Grace Ministries page. You can read more about the 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and the outreaches of this ministry whose mission is to offer comfort and hope to grieving parents. The Blog button brings you to the page you are currently reading, featuring a variety of subjects...some ministry updates, some family news, and some biblically-based encouragement. The Walking With You page is a place for bereaved parents who have lost a baby or child to find encouragement and hope. It is an online support group created so that families would know they are not walking this path alone. On the Dreams of You Shop page, you can learn more about the products and services we offer, place an order, or sponsor a family. The Encouraging Women blog is a work in progress. There, we hope to offer biblically-based encouragement to all women. The Resource page has been newly updated with a list of resources that are helpful for grieving parents. Our blogroll is also located on this page. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Blessings to you...

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Tour of Homes 2010

Baby....it's cold outside!



Come on in and get some hot chocolate and yummy treats from Gerken Baking Day! (We especially like the Buckeyes here in Ohio! Go Bucks!)



Take a few minutes to warm up in front of the tree. I believe every Christmas tree should tell a story. Ours tells the story of our family...of little boys who've grown bigger, leaving a trail of Christmas project ornaments along the way...of three sweet babies, dearly loved and greatly missed who will celebrate another Christmas in heaven this year, in the arms of our Savior, along with their grandmother, who spent her time on this earth making beauty with her hands...a woman who celebrated Christmas in handmade ornament themes throughout the years...themes that now adorn my tree.



Most of all, it tells the story of a family grateful for the daily dose of sufficient grace we are given each morning, a family who will once again celebrate the miracle that Jesus came to seek and save that which was lost...on that silent, holy night so many years ago.


                                        


                                                 My Coffee Filter Wreath attempt...


                                           

I was so excited about the coffee filter wreath we made (inspired by the Nester!) that I didn't realize until all the pictures were uploaded and I was working on this post that my candle was off center in the picture. Oh, well...we are supposed to come as we are...imperfections and all, right? Speaking of imperfections, I am totally not crafty, so I'm really proud of my wreath, even if it's not as pretty as the Nester's. My mama had all the good crafty genes! (Also....my nine-year-old son James was a huge help, using his very own glue gun for the first time.)


The Willow Tree Nativity set is so precious to me. It is the last Christmas gift my mother gave to me.


The Christmas Card Tree has become our new tradition, inspired a couple years ago by our beloved BooMama on a former Christmas Tour of Homes. We haven't received very many cards yet this year! Most of my friends are as busy and last minute as I am! =)

Well...thanks so much for stopping by, and visiting our humble home for a bit. We hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! Stop back anytime!


To link up and join in the Christmas Tour of Homes, stop by the Nester's amazing blog and link up! You can also link your Christmas Tour to Kelly's Korner.

P.S....Happy Birthday to my husband, Tim today! So grateful I get to walk through this life with you. Love ya!

15 comments:

Sarita Boyette said...

Beautiful - I loved the tour of your Christmas decorations! xoxo

Gottjoy! said...

I loved seeing all your decorations and the picture of your beautiful family!

You did great with that wreath! Love it!

And I have that same green wood nativity wreath that adorns the picture of your last tree. I received it from my very first second grade class many years ago. I treasure that wreath because it was the first 'teacher' gift I ever received! I didn't know there were others out there~!

Have a great 12 days until Christmas, Kelly!
Karen

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Very pretty! I am going to have to try those pretzel dessert things, I have heard too many people talking about them. Yum

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment! Your coffee filter wreath looks great! I'm jealous of your snow. We don't have any hope for a white Christmas down south.

Caroline said...

Loved the tour and such a beautiful home. What a beautiful family. It was just Awesome seeing another home from the great state of OHIO !!!

Happy Birthday wishes to your husband.

Caroline

Spud said...

Everything looks wonderful! I wish we were going to be visiting this year! The boys are getting so big.

lost--for--words said...

This is a neat idea! You have a very warm and inviting home, I wish I could stop by to chat and share some hot chocolate and that very YUMMY baking!
I sent you an email last night about the giveaway - I hope I sent it to the right address, if you didn't get it please let me know!

Jenilee said...

LOVE your tour! I love the willow tree nativity. I don't have one or the space for one but maybe one day. How precious that yours is from your mom. :) Hugs!

Holly said...

I really like your coffee filter wreath! I think you did a great job on it! It looks so fluffy

Blessed Mommy said...

Yummy. Your coffee filter wreath looks great- might have to give it a try. Thank you for the tour. Merry Christmas.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was fun and everything looks beautiful. I didn't get into the tour this year because I'm not done with my tree or decorations. I like your Christmas Card tree.

Kristin said...

You are too cute, Kelly! I love your wreath :) And I think you have the same angel I do on the top of your tree, only mine is white and silver. Neat, huh?!

Marianne said...

I love the last pic the most. So cute you waving at us.
But your home looks wonderful too. Have a grand old Christmas time.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Your front door looks so welcoming. I love the Christmas card tree idea - we haven't gotten a whole lot yet this year, either :) I wish I had a few of those Ohio buckeyes right now!
Merry, Merry Christmas!
Susan

Jennifer Ross said...

Thank you for sharing your home again this year. It's looks great, especially those yummy treats! lol

Happy Birthday to your hubby!